• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

StylingUK

Reaction score
I bought a pair of nudies and apc. And I find it takes longer to break APC in, I've been wearing them for more than a month and it still needs more work. Whereas, the Nudies have been nice and comfortable after 2 weeks.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StylingUK
I bought a pair of nudies and apc. And I find it takes longer to break APC in, I've been wearing them for more than a month and it still needs more work. Whereas, the Nudies have been nice and comfortable after 2 weeks.

APCs are really stiff at first but give them some time and, unless you sized down too much, they'll feel great.

kontai69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Musiclover
Where do you get your APC's hemmed in Los Angeles? Can anyone suggest a taylor in Long Beach?
If it is a simple hem, any tailor can do it. If you're anal and want to make sure the job is done right, I would recommend Denim Revival. All they do is work on jeans...
http://www.yelp.com/biz/denim-revival-los-angeles

smell n' tell

Reaction score
Can I get comments on the fit of my NS?
Photo105.jpg
Photo106.jpg
Photo107.jpg
Photo108.jpg
NS size 28. My thighs are 22" and calves 16.5". Worn for about a month and a half.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, they're not too bad. I think a size up would be better. It's just you lifting up the shirt at first which really accentuated your thighs that put me off. I'd definitely hem them though...the stacking doesn't look good there.

lsp

Reaction score
if i wear a 27 in thin finn dry comforts, should i opt for a 26 in new cures if i want a similar fit? what about petit standards?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an APC question but not a denim question.

I am now selling an APC tweed long coat, size Small.

Question is whether it was made for a man or a woman.

Styling is unisex. Buttons are on the right, man-style, but I think APC womenswear does this as well.

Cut is straight, not hippy.

The one unusual thing for a man would be the very narrow shoulder width, narrower than any other APC outerwear I have encountered or sold.

Measurements, in inches: top to bottom in back 36, from shoulder seam 35, shoulder 16, arm 25.5, chest 38, coat waist 37. One button each sleeve, working. Single rear vent. All wool. Fully lined. Size on label S.

Full listing is here:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much does a NS shrink in the inseam after first wash. I want to get it altered accordingly ...

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
How much does a NS shrink in the inseam after first wash. I want to get it altered accordingly ...

About an inch with a hot soak and machine dry. Less if you hem first. Not to be a wiseass, but besides stretch, that's one of the most answered questions in this very thread.

Originally Posted by mack11211

The one unusual thing for a man would be the very narrow shoulder width, narrower than any other APC outerwear I have encountered or sold.
[/url]

Narrow shoulders (and a slimmer silhouette) are tyical of APC. Depending on the garment, it can be pretty pronounced.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henryyy
You shouldn't hem quality denim like APC..... Just cuff them up. The selvage stitching looks great cuffed up. Also, if you let them stack on the bottom, they will look gorgeous in the future. Only get them hemmed if it's absolutely way way way too long....

Fail dude. Major fail.

BiG and SelfEdge offer chainstitch hemming services if you want to use a chainstich. Most raw denim comes in very long inseams (sometimes 37-39") on the expectation that the owner will hem to desired length.

APC don't even have a chainstitched hem, it's just a standard lockstitch. Plus, why should those who don't cuff or stack put up with jeans that are too long and look silly?

Word to the wise: always soak. And always soak before altering jeans.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Musiclover
Can anyone suggest a taylor to hem my NS in Long Beach or Los Angeles?

Self Edge in San Francisco will do it for $20, with a chainstitched hem. Highly recommended.

Originally Posted by Max Biggavel
is it me or context clothing sizing charts is all fucked up? how can PS be tighter than NC? isnt the other way around?

Context charts are accurate. If confused abt. leg measurement, ask them where they take said measurement.

Originally Posted by Henryyy
Best way to avoid stretching is to soak it in HOT water for 4 hours before any visible fading/honeycombs/whiskers start forming. Keep in mind the denim is still going to stretch the more you wear them. I take it you didn't order 2 sizes down from your true waist?

You just became my favorite new target.

1) soaking will not cure or 'avoid' stretching. Nothing will. Soaking will only retur jeans to pre-stretched state. They'll stretch back out in a day's wear. Since APC are sanforized with minimal inseam shrink, you can break these in dry and your creasing won't shift when they're soaked. But you must soak STF for this reason.

2) 95% of your shrinkage for any jeans will occur within the first 15 mins. Anything over a half-hour soak is wasting your (and his) time. Dry and then soak again if you want to ensure full shrinkage. Or machine dry inside-out.

I give you credit for recommending a hot soak though. All jeans should touch water before wear, imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads