• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A few hours in la

cristobal

Reaction score
I'll be in LA soon on a lengthy layover. I figure I have about three hours away from the airport to play with. Can someone help me out with a few must-do suggestions while I'm on the ground? I've never been south of Santa Barbara, so the Southland is a mystery to me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The natives (LA Guy, PStoller) will have better and more detailed suggestions, but I'll throw in my $.02 based on my two-month stay in L.A. this past fall.  LAX is fairly close to the beach.  I recommend taking a quick cab ride to Santa Monica and seeing the pier and the Third Street Promenade (three blocks worth of stores and restaurants closed off to traffic, usually featuring street performers).  You may have a problem getting a cab ride back -- make sure that you have a number to call or you know the place where cabs pick up.

If your layover is not during rush hour and you have three hours between disembarking the first flight and the beginning of boarding of the second flight, you may want to try Beverly Hills, which is a little further out.  Rodeo Drive is the obvious attraction.  I saw Tom Arnold (in the Prada store, no less, buying a pair of shoes) and Miguel Ferrer (from Crossing Jordan) when I visited.  The Saks where Winona got her five-fingered discount is also there.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey