• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

...a day in Vienna

David K

Reaction score
Thanks for the wonderful photos. Here's an off beat suggestion for your next trip to Vienna. Visit the garbage disposal/heating plant for which Hundertwasser designed the exterior. Its in the Spittelau area and is an over-the-top example of his 'hippie trippie' aesthetic that was the rage in the sixties and seventies. He also designed an apartment building near the river, the Hundertwasserhaus.

Best D

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2. German food is terrible

Viennese food is quite good.
I've been to France and Italy many times.
Viennese food compares favorably, though different.
I am from New York and live near San Francisco.
My standards are quite high.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
No. It is in Austria

he's been adressing to holymadness' food comment about austria and germany

aj del has been there...

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What I meant to say was that to a person from outside such as me it is easy to club Germany and Austria as having the same culture but for holymadness to make no difference between the 2 seemed incorrect.

It is similar to all Indians being clubbed together while it is such a large country that there are huge differences from one state to another. In respect of size and population, Bihar (the second most populous state) has 7 million more people than Germany and IIRC UP (the largest state) is bigger than France.

Anyways, Vienna also has great surroundings. I visited a heurigen and it was a great day out. Also the cruise from Krems to Melk while touristy is very nice.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are the pictures of Vienna's Red Light District?

Or were the button boot Appreciation pics as close as you got to it?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Anyways, Vienna also has great surroundings. I visited a heurigen and it was a great day out. Also the cruise from Krems to Melk while touristy is very nice.

a heurigen visit is a must.

the "Wachau" is one of my favorite parts of my country. you are blessed to have been there... well done.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Where are the pictures of Vienna's Red Light District?

Or were the button boot Appreciation pics as close as you got to it?

tongue in cheek.

from what i have heard, the glory days are over. it's dominated by the russians, albanians etc. you won't find a "Wiener Madl" anymore. i wouldn't dare to give you a tour, when you're here
wink.gif

though, it's more enjoyable to cruise all the wonderful shoe workshops in the first district. button boots and lazymen included.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I have been to your parts of the woods as well, i.e. if you consider Salzburg a part of your woods. Great place, and the day trips from there are marvelous. I went to Konigssee and it was beautiful

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I have been to your parts of the woods as well, i.e. if you consider Salzburg a part of your woods. Great place, and the day trips from there are marvelous. I went to Konigssee and it was beautiful

yes, i do. i'm located in the "Salzkammergut", which includes parts of Upper Austria, Styria and Salzburg.

though, i have never been to the Königssee. i have to do this.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ You haven't been to Berchtesgaden ? According to me, the most beautiful place on earth.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ You haven't been to Berchtesgaden ? According to me, the most beautiful place on earth.
no, i was scared...
laugh.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
Sehr interessante Buederln. Geben mir wieder Heimweh...

Durst ist schlimmer als Heimweh, Prost

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a little update, pictures will follow maybe later. didn't get a hold of them yet. still fairly impressed by the performance of Annie Lennox, who had a short gig on the Heldenplatz, while the 18th Annually Aids Conference, Vienna. Aids 2010 Vienna, Wien,Humanrightswalk am Ring in Wien, Annie Lennox on youtube. AL at 7:00 an event, who brought peers like Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, Mette-Marit of Denmark, Diane Fürstenberg etc. to this wonderful city. The week started with the Life Ball, a charity and fashion event, which is rather unique in his style. Besides a visit at the lastmaker Mr. Kalman Berta, a friend of mine took the chance to show his lasts to Mr. Petkov(will introduce his workshop soon) and place an order for a half-brogue oxford in patinated burgundy colour, french boxcalf. the bespoke pair will be ready mid of september and i will update in the Petkov topic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads