• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

...a day in Vienna

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngScholar
Now I can't comment about the food, but I got some good coffee!
DSCF7821.jpg

Turkish coffee with a Turkish delight... how very Viennese.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laphroaig
Turkish coffee with a Turkish delight... how very Viennese.

this must be a joke, right?

mikevienna

Reaction score
Bin i da Herold ???
smile.gif

the Schuhservice shop in the photo is:

G. Haimov, 1 A Aufsperrdienst
Nisselgasse 8
1140 Wien

@Fritzl:

Any experience with the Abbaschuhe store on Wollzeile? Seems to often be frequented by tourists when I go by but I don't see many people buying?

Mike

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikevienna
@Fritzl:

Any experience with the Abbaschuhe store on Wollzeile? Seems to often be frequented by tourists when I go by but I don't see many people buying?

Mike

no

their own branded shoes are nothing to write home about. but they sell them at their outlet store at 50% off. so if you need a beater, i think this is not a bad deal.

ABBA Schuhe 1040
opening hours: Mo-Fr 7:00 - 18:00; Sa 9:00 - 14:00
Wiedner Hauptstrasse 67/
corner Johann Strauß Gasse 1
Tel.: +43 (1)504 31 30
Fax.: +43 (1)504 31 30

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
I ordered a pair of shoes in Vienna.

great...

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. I like Switzerland better then Austria. Austrians seem a bit of a depressed people.
I have made stops there when riding to Southern Europe usually to get some Alpine milk chocolate (Milka)

legorogel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
Nice pics. I like Switzerland better then Austria. Austrians seem a bit of a depressed people.
I have made stops there when riding to Southern Europe usually to get some Alpine milk chocolate (Milka)

eh.gif
eh.gif

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by legorogel
eh.gif
eh.gif

?

By the way I don't think German food is neccesarily terrible. It's more simple but a nice currywurst and potato salad is really awesome.

legorogel

Reaction score
you cant just say germand food, for example bavarian food differs greatly from swabian food, which doesnt really make sense because part of swabia is even in bavaria. You will even have difficulties finding anyone selling currywursts in southern Germany (which doesnt taste terrible).

Oh and hate sayin that, but milka does not make especially great chocolate. Milka is actually owned by Kraft foods, which should be familiar to you. Rather look out for some private chocolatiers, and they should exist in most countries.

One thing you can get chocolatewise in Switzerland which you could consider as special is ovomaltine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads