• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A clean leather jacket-please help

joeo

Reaction score
Hey I'm new here but it looks like theres people here who really know their stuff.
For a long time ive been wanting a leather jacket, I see guys wear them at clubs a lot. I'm not sure what the style of it is or where its available, but P. diddy just wore one in his recent video! I like the way it fits the shoulders, and its length, imo most leather jackets are too long. NOt sure what makes this style of jacket stick out to me, but I've always liked them and its about time i get one.
please let me know what kind of jacket that is, well perhaps not what brand, but what type and where it can be found(and what stores are good for leather).

it can be seen on google, but if you need better quality there are other options out there:

fredrik80

Reaction score
H&M has a pretty decent black short leather jacket with epaulettes right now, it normally costs about $120 i would guess (euro 99 in europe). But right now theyre having a christmas sale with a new special offer each day, today (5th dec) they're offering that leather jacket for only Euro 39 here ($45 approx)
Go to www.hm.com and see if they offer it in the US aswell, might be available in stores aswell

it looks like this
intervjumedstinaAWmedgrytanfinelinskinjacka023.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Generally, you're looking for a cafe or cafe racer jacket, which means it is simple with one straight main zipper, a mandarin/standup collar, and is cut short either above the waist or just at the waist. Many do not have front handwarmer pockets. There are lots of them out there, but I would first look at Aero, Vanson, and Schott. You're looking at about a minimum of $350-400 retail (Schott being the cheapest) up to Aero horsehide at around 800 or so. They will last forever, though.

Do a search on 'cafe jacket' here and you'll find more discussion.

joeo

Reaction score
hmm.. the us claims they dont have it. do you know of any jacket that doesnt as many pockets.. and maybe a little lower profile epaulette?

joeo

Reaction score
i missed that last reply, i sort of want one of those cafe racer ones.. but a little more detail. I'm not a motorcyclist (yet), and I don't want to get one for that purpose.... I like the short collar that stands up, small epaulettes are good, but only if they are fully attached the shoulder, and I want SOME lines going across! all those cafe racers maintain the "racing" look with a good one or two pockets.. are there more casual ones that have a few lines on them? I want a simple, clean jacket but not a super simple motorcyclists jacket. Even the "casual" cafe jackets are very very simple.. where do I go to find the next step over toward the casual jacket?
thanks again, this forum is full of people who know where to get what they want.

mike.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joeo
i missed that last reply, i sort of want one of those cafe racer ones.. but a little more detail. I'm not a motorcyclist (yet), and I don't want to get one for that purpose.... I like the short collar that stands up, small epaulettes are good, but only if they are fully attached the shoulder, and I want SOME lines going across! all those cafe racers maintain the "racing" look with a good one or two pockets.. are there more casual ones that have a few lines on them? I want a simple, clean jacket but not a super simple motorcyclists jacket. Even the "casual" cafe jackets are very very simple.. where do I go to find the next step over toward the casual jacket?
thanks again, this forum is full of people who know where to get what they want.

mike.

I would search both Schott and Vanson websites, they have many many different styles, the quality is solid of both, rugged, and they so various stylings surely one will suit your fancy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics