• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

44Ls -- see my latest Ebay auction

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I decided to get this, and shockingly enough, won with what was a reasonable bid. I'm a 43/44 R/L (6 and 1/2 inches, somewhat slim, in that wonderful gray area in between sizes and lengths), and the measurements matched up well with my 43's, so here we go.

I'll debate posting pictures of this "experiment" on the main later.

Will be selling many of my other gray suits that this will push out of the rotation if this works out.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
biggrin.gif
It's funny, I just purchased an actual mannequin the other day. I think this new method of pictures actually helped buyers, but ironically probably drove down the price for some reason. I think this suit will fit you very well. Since you're slim, you might need to get the waist taken in anyways (though the Louis Belvest's that I've tried on in my size don't need any alterations, and I usually have the waist taken in). It's a pretty darn good suit -- great construction, fit, fabric, and silhouette. It's a nice take on a basic pinstripe suit. In my opinion, it really toes that line between simple and dandified -- and toes it perfectly. I'm scheduled to fly out to New Jersey tonight for work, so I may not be able to ship it until Tuesday. But you'll get the suit by the end of next week. Hope this is okay.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jn, you sell some really random (but nice) stuff, where did you get the wedding dress, just wondering, I wouldn't have thought of flipping something like that...
smile.gif

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wedding dress was that of a friend of mine. The auction description was accurate -- the bride went with another dress after opting for an outdoor wedding.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, makes sense... thought you were branching out into the women's clothing arena... think it may be kinda tough to evaluate bargains there
smile.gif

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually almost got into the women's stuff -- I had an opportunity to get about 6 Ralph Lauren Collection women's pant and skirt suits for $125 a piece. That would have been 8% of retail. I passed because I just don't know the women's Ebay market well enough. That was my first good lesson in business (one that I passed) -- don't sink your money into something you don't know.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
biggrin.gif
 It's funny, I just purchased an actual mannequin the other day.  I think this new method of pictures actually helped buyers, but ironically probably drove down the price for some reason.  I think this suit will fit you very well.  Since you're slim, you might need to get the waist taken in anyways (though the Louis Belvest's that I've tried on in my size don't need any alterations, and I usually have the waist taken in).  It's a pretty darn good suit -- great construction, fit, fabric, and silhouette.  It's a nice take on a basic pinstripe suit.  In my opinion, it really toes that line between simple and dandified -- and toes it perfectly.  I'm scheduled to fly out to New Jersey tonight for work, so I may not be able to ship it until Tuesday.  But you'll get the suit by the end of next week.  Hope this is okay.
No sweat on the shipping delay. Â I'm probably not going to have time to get it tailored until after the holidays... Â At the very least, I need to find a tailor qualifies for this level of work in the greater Washington DC area.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sell some womens stuff on ebay, I have a gf and a whole bunch of female relatives who have educated me on the market to no end, mostly flip Juicy and 7 stuff that I find cheap in nearby retailers, that stuff sells quite well online if it has original tags on it still.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads