• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know if te new fit has more space in the butt area? The SLs seem to have no space (maybe it's the squats)

Last edited:

movoblast

Reaction score
Just wondering, do 3sixteen's clothing come in plastic wrapping or have any tags on them? My type 3 jacket just arrived and there was no wrapping or tags. Just came in a cardboard box.

Mead

Reaction score
The jeans I have comes with tags. Maybe be your tag was missing for some reason, ·3sixteen is a great brand in my opinion

Last edited:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just wondering, do 3sixteen's clothing come in plastic wrapping or have any tags on them? My type 3 jacket just arrived and there was no wrapping or tags. Just came in a cardboard box. 

Most of the jeans come with a tag and pocket flasher, some jean models come with neither (like the made in Japan models). The jacket doesn't come with any tags.

movoblast

Reaction score
This may be a stab in the dark, but I know theres a bunch of people on SF who are really into fitness.
I just purchased the type 3s jacket in XL which has measurements of : Chest (44 inches), Shoulders (18.5 inches), Sleeves (24.5 inches).
My measurements: Chest (about 40 inches), Shoulders (about 18 inches, maybe a tad more), arm length (?)
I actually really like the fit of the XL jacket on me now with just a t-shirt.

The XXL has measurements of Chest: 46 in, Shoulder 19.5 in, Sleeves: 25 in.
Now, I plan to work out with the goal of getting a little bigger than I am now. Nothing too serious, like body building. In your experience, how easy is it to gain an inch in the shoulder and about 2~3 inches in the chest?
I can claim that I will be working out 3 to 4 times a week, but realistically it would be twice a week with proper nutrition.
I know this may be the wrong crowd to field this question, and also a difficult question to answer since there are so many factors.

Would it would be foolish for me to size up to a 2XL thinking that it would be easy to gain an inch in shoulder width and 2~3 inches in chest from doing moderate lifting twice a week, with the time frame of about half a year?.

After typing this up, I'm thinking this is a little ridiculous but I still want to see what you guys think ha!

BTW, this is a GREAT jacket. I can tell this is going to be my go-to jacket from mid-April to October.

Last edited:

Understudy

Reaction score
This may be a stab in the dark, but I know theres a bunch of people on SF who are really into fitness.
I just purchased the type 3s jacket in XL which has measurements of : Chest (44 inches), Shoulders (18.5 inches), Sleeves (24.5 inches).
My measurements: Chest (about 40 inches), Shoulders (about 18 inches, maybe a tad more), arm length (?)
I actually really like the fit of the XL jacket on me now with just a t-shirt.

I own the Type 3 in a Large, it fits me great with a tee and snug with a hoodie. I have also been training regularly with both weights and cardio and I can say that the sleeves may become slightly restrictive as you gain weight. In any case, the jacket fits relatively small and a size up will allow for more layering. I suggest you go for the 2XL while they're available.

- Aaron from Understudy

Last edited:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3sixteen Heavyweight Hoodies, Indigo-Dyed T-Shirts, Shadow Selvedge Type III Jackets & Jean Restocks

3sixteen have just released a new (and updated) version of their black hoodie. This new version uses an even heavier custom woven cotton fleece and custom matte-black double-pull YKK zippers. The hoodie has a great fit and we don't think you can buy a better hoodie anywhere near this price.

Along with the hoodie we've received a restock of 3sixteen's indigo-dyed pocket t-shirts which come in a 2-pack. The first run of these sold out in a matter of days and we're happy to have them back in stock at our shops. These have a slim fit, short arms, and a small pocket and will fade and age over time with regular wear and washings just like a pair of jeans.

We were also able to get a small restock of the Shadow Selvedge and Double Black Type III denim jackets at our shops, the Shadow Selvedge is available in-store and online while the Double Black is available in-store only or via phone/email order.

Along with these items we've received full restocks of over 20 different models of 3sixteen and 3sixteen+'s jeans. These are available now at all of our stores.

Shop 3sixteen Online

Shop 3sixteen+ Online

316_HOODIE_01-682x1022.jpg

316_HOODIE_07-1022x682.jpg

316_HOODIE_04-1022x682.jpg

316_HOODIE_05-1022x682.jpg

316_TEE_01-813x1222.jpg

316_TEE_05-1025x682.jpg

316_TEE_04-1025x682.jpg

316_TEE_03-1025x682.jpg

316_SS_01-682x1025.jpg

316_SS_08-1025x682.jpg

316_SS_09-1155x769.jpg

316_SS_11-1025x682.jpg

Mead

Reaction score
What about a restock of the Olive stadium jacket? by the way what´s the color of the knitted cuffs and waist, dark brown or black?

cheers

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got a Type III shadow selvedge jacket and love it! The only thing is that the cuffs are crazy tight. I can button them around my wrist (barely) but can't slide my hands in or out. Are nose wearing it uncuffed?

Understudy

Reaction score
Just got a Type III shadow selvedge jacket and love it! The only thing is that the cuffs are crazy tight. I can button them around my wrist (barely) but can't slide my hands in or out. Are nose wearing it uncuffed?

I wear it almost always uncuffed, especially if I'm wearing a long sleeve underneath.

JL77

Reaction score
A small restock of the Olive Stadium Jacket will be complete in a few weeks. Same black ribbing that's on the Black colorway.

What about a restock of the Olive stadium jacket? by the way what´s the color of the knitted cuffs and waist, dark brown or black?

cheers

andrewjamesdean

Reaction score
How's the sizing of the hoodie? I wear a Medium in the Stadium jacket and a Large in the Trucker jacket. Which size should I go for? The shoulder measurements seem to be running tight (at least according to Selfedge's measurements). Thanks

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How's the sizing of the hoodie? I wear a Medium in the Stadium jacket and a Large in the Trucker jacket. Which size should I go for? The shoulder measurements seem to be running tight (at least according to Selfedge's measurements). Thanks

The hoodies run pretty slim but i'm the same size in the hoodie as i am in the stadium jacket. Also, shrinkage is minimal for these hoodies if cold washed and line dried.

bigwhat62

Reaction score

def by the hoodie the same size as the stadium jacket

bigwhat62

Reaction score

I own the Type 3 in a Large, it fits me great with a tee and snug with a hoodie. I have also been training regularly with both weights and cardio and I can say that the sleeves may become slightly restrictive as you gain weight. In any case, the jacket fits relatively small and a size up will allow for more layering. I suggest you go for the 2XL while they're available. 

- Aaron from Understudy

this is the only jacket i own in XXL. im in the same boat, been a lifter for years so i need something that has proper chest space but not a huge waist. i bet you'll like the XXL. i wear XL in other 3sixteen and RGT stuff without space issues.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pixelized