• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 38, 40 where's 35?

regfman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by electricol
From working at Levis, my manager had told me that the reason why 35 waists arent made is due to the fact that 35 waist size is too uncommon to produce. So maybe thats the reason why?

I wonder what the most common size is? Whatever that really is I can't imagine why there would be a discontinuos non-bell curve distribution around it to make the 35" uncommon.

It's a mystery to me. Thanks to everyone for the input though. I'll guess I'll stick with 34" since most of the old jeans I have are 34's and they tend to fit okay after a while.

I'm new to this forum and I suspect this question comes up often - but probably less often these days with all the "sagging" - : Which of the non-premium brands have the highest fitting crotch and which the lowest (not counting the ones specifically set for the clown look)? I'm talking Levi's, Wrangler, Lee, etc.

If I ever decide to go upscale with jeans it will be to get a custom fit from those specialty companies that offer it.

andewhall

Reaction score
Hi. I found the whole non 35" thing a mystery. I recently changed the patterns over to inches on the jeans I make and considered the sizing for some time. Came up with 8 sizes 29-36. I do think 35" is really valid size and never seemed to sell many 28's at all.....so I figured rob that size and add the 35? Although that is just for one cut. Was thinking for the skinny cut 27-34 and the fuller cut 30-36 & 38. It really is a tough one, trying not to miss people out etc. I have never been fond of jump sizes. With humans in general getting bigger, perhaps these missing sizes will become more popular? Dunno....37,39,41?

kbuzz

Reaction score
ive spent alot of money in the past 6 months chasing the elusive 35" fit. Frankly it sucks. In order to aid the other 35 addled folks out there here's what ive exp. thus far.

5EP LDB resin tagged 34: stretched out to a bit over 36. I wear em but toy with selling them every time i look for a belt.

5EP slim straight : tagged 34 measures a nice 35. Compare to above

Levis LVC various cuts: tagged 38" raw designed to shrink two inches. Reality shrinks max two inches but stretches back. Its a one inch loss in total

Levis generic STF 38: Shrinks a good two-three inches...fits a true 35 nicely but ****** denim

Levis generic 501 prewashed. A 34 tag fits anywhere from 34-36, try one 10 pair, get one to fit

APC NS- 33 streches to a 35 nicely. Is actually going towards a 36 but ok now

LEvis LVC 36 taged. Shrink slowly in cold water and wearing damp. Gets it down to a 35 pretty well, but a pain ********** as you have to shrink the lenghth and keep the waist up.....best bet wear in the tub. I hate that

Bottom line 35 sucks...period!!!!!!

We need a 35 petition to a good maker!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads