• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014 College Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing the performance of Jadeveon Clowney tonight and this year. I hope it's the path of destruction I've been wishing for over the offseason.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a little curious to see if he plays as well as he's capable. The kid is absolutely a machine, and he's brilliant when he's on his game. That said, there were a few reports I read out of SC that made it sound like he might be phoning it in, basically just showing up until he's eligible for the draft. In particular, I'm thinking of one article I read where Spurrier was all but calling him out for milking an injury. I'm not sure I buy that it really will be an issue, because there's still value in showing off for scouts no matter how highly regarded he is, but it will be interesting to see if there's any validity to the theory. I certainly hope there's not - the kid is a ton of fun to watch - but if he does decide to take a few plays off I'd like to see it happen next weekend.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I look forward to seeing the performance of Jadeveon Clowney tonight and this year. I hope it's the path of destruction I've been wishing for over the offseason.

Should be great to watch. Kid is a beast.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where's ESPN Gameday going to be this weekend?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Joined the pick 'em, Ed. Looks like it's just going to be a Georgia group. :laugh:

Where's ESPN Gameday going to be this weekend?

The only place it ought to be: the UGA-Clemson game.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fyi you xan join until Saturday the pick em
Quoted just for posterity.

I don't have cable, but I just signed up for an Aereo account and had it DVR the Georgia game for me. If this service is as good as advertised, I'm going to dump Netflix during football Season.

edit: Did anyone watch Ole Miss/Vandy? The last 5-6 minutes of this game are absolutely insane.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The history...
The tradition...
The pageantry...

Tonight begins another chapter in...

GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY PANTHERS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I get that the New York Post has a rep for being less than vigilant about factual accuracy, but this is just sad. More sad still is that a quick bit of Google fu reveals that the website has since fixed the headline, but didn't bother to correct the caption under the photo.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to bet this will be Lane Kiffin's last season at USC? The Trojans' win over Hawaii was pretty lackluster, and he sure doesn't have much talent at QB with either of his starters.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone want to bet this will be Lane Kiffin's last season at USC? The Trojans' win over Hawaii was pretty lackluster, and he sure doesn't have much talent at QB with either of his starters.

+1

The announcing was horrendous for last night's game - "Kiffin has done an amazing job working with the players that he has this year." Are you ******* kidding me? It was in reference to the apparent injuries the Trojans have had recently but that's just about the most absurd thing I've heard in football announcing. Ever.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If USC doesn't start looking better when they play real competition, Kiffin is done. That was a weird game to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads