• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2012 College Football Thread

?

• F

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • L

• O

• R

• I

• D

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • A!

• S

• T

• A

• T

• E!

• FLORIDA STATE!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • FLORIDA STATE!

• FLORIDA STATE!

• WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• LET'S

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • GO

• PANTHERS!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As the universe's leading ambassador for GSU I would like to remind both FSU and UGA, our door is always open for you...once you find your balls to accept the challenge.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Awesome breakdown, but I kinda like the "Chik-Fil-A" bowl.

But I love that four of these bowls are a day's drive away, with three being <6 hours.

Suck it, Big 10.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Wow. So about a month ago my wife and I go into one of the nicer restaurants in town, where we usually sit at the bar, and there were four white guys in our spot at the bar. They looked out of place. Two of them had Buffalo Bills gear on, a rare site in Tallahassee. I thought it was odd, and it wasn't until I saw them all stand up at once and look towards the parking lot that I realized they were from the actual Bills organization and here to talk to an FSU player. Sure enough, EJ Manuel walked in and greeted them. It struck me that I'm not sure I could've, at that age, gone to one of the nicest restaurants in town and sat down with four old guys I didn't know and be anywhere near presentable.

Anyway, I didn't really think the Bills would draft him, pretty surprising. #16? It's funny, because the guy here before him was really good, but was drafted way earlier than most people thought he would (Christian Ponder at No. 10).

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Awesome breakdown, but I kinda like the "Chik-Fil-A" bowl.

But I love that four of these bowls are a day's drive away, with three being <6 hours.

It is a solid breakdown, though I'm glad they're going back to "Peach." Something about calling it the CFA Bowl never felt right to me.

I like the setup overall. I'll be curious to see how it shakes out.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is a solid breakdown, though I'm glad they're going back to "Peach." Something about calling it the CFA Bowl never felt right to me.

I like the plan overall, but one thing stuck out to me. In the quote below, it looks like one of the six bowl games will host both of the playoff games. Am I reading that right? I find it a little surprising that they'd only use one each year for the playoff round when they could spread it around a bit.

I read it as 2 bowls will host the semifinals every year on a rotating basis with the championship game going out to bid.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I caught it and tried to get a ninja edit in before anyone could respond. :embar:

I don't know why I was reading it as one bowl. I think I misread it the first time and then my brain just kept filling it in as one. I closed it out and then re-read a few minutes later, and saw what I'd been missing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads