• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2009 Audi a5

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evor1
this car is horrible for the price. 48k with the options id want all for a car with a lousy 265 hp. oh and as a bonus you get audi reliabiity(unreliability). a 335i will run you about the same price with much better performance and 4 years free maint. is350 is way better for the money as well. only car that is equally as ****** and expensive is a C class.

I can't comment on the reliability, but when I went to the dealership today they told me they have a base 4 year maintenance package as well..I was looking into the is350 but it is too bland for me..IMO it looks too cheap for the price..reminds me of a cheap entry level toy car, not a luxury sport..

oceans11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I can't comment on the reliability, but when I went to the dealership today they told me they have a base 4 year maintenance package as well..I was looking into the is350 but it is too bland for me..IMO it looks too cheap for the price..reminds me of a cheap entry level toy car, not a luxury sport..
I had 2 A4's, S4 & an A6 & they all treated me very well. The only one that had some minor electrical issue's was the A6. I love the 3 series BMW too but there's just way too many on the road where I live. And I've been an Audi fan since 1999 when I had the A4 2.8 Quattro. And I agree about the is350.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This car looks nice. I've never owned an Audi because I'm not a fan of the brand. But this car looks nice, very nice.

oceans11

Reaction score
the electrical issues; were they covered by your manufacturer's warranty? and if not, were they expensive to repair?

Covered by warranty? Yes.
The problem was never found though. I did some minor mods to the car, wheels/tires, new front grill & lowered it with H&R springs. About a month after that the check engine came on. Took it to Audi & everything came up negative. Light came back on a couple of weeks later, same thing nothing found. Periodically it would come back on & off again for almost the 2yrs I kept the car.

Other then that it never escalated past the light triggering on & off.

IMG_0365-1.jpg

oceans11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
This car looks nice. I've never owned an Audi because I'm not a fan of the brand. But this car looks nice, very nice.

Yeah, my buddy took a lot of pride in it. He did the whole Audi Experience thing but picking the S5 up in Germany, doing the test drive on the Auobahn & then giving it back so it could be shipped a month later. We both had A6's but he traded is in & got nutty with the S5!
biggrin.gif

oceans11

Reaction score
oceans, that is a beautiful vehicle..I love the a6 as well..I think I have an infatuation with all of the audis
blush.gif
(sans le TT of course)

Thanks I appreciate. I think I fell for the interiors of Audi's first then the exterior! And as far as I'm concerned I think 265 hp if matted right is good enough for everyday driving. I had an 05 S4 as well & it was a monster at 340hp's. But I have to admit the 3 series coupes are beautiful too I'm just not a big fan of their interiors.

Unfortunately I no longer have the 6 any longer. I was in the mortgage industry as a mortgage underwriter.......nuff said I guess!
musicboohoo[1].gif

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evor1
this car is horrible for the price. 48k with the options id want all for a car with a lousy 265 hp. oh and as a bonus you get audi reliabiity(unreliability). a 335i will run you about the same price with much better performance and 4 years free maint. is350 is way better for the money as well. only car that is equally as ****** and expensive is a C class.
But all the cars named, are considerably more common.

.....as for a IS350, why are you even throwing a sedan in the discussion with a Sport Coupe?

oceans11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
But all the cars named, are considerably more common.

.....as for a IS350, why are you even throwing a sedan in the discussion with a Sport Coupe?

Maybe he's looking at bang for the buck. Like the WRX STi, Evo type stuff. For my age I need something with a little more weight to it & not just all power to dollar ratio. I'd much rather have 265hp A5 with a buttery interior & Bang & Olufsen sound system over a 3 series coupe or IS350 that I'll probably see 5-6 on the way to work + 2 sitting in the parking lot.

But it is hard not to ping pong back & forth from the 3 coupe & A5 coupe.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your friends S5 looks amazing.

First time i saw one was this gorgeous woman in a black one on our way to Montreal. Thought it was the R8 at first because of the headlights from a distance but then as it tore past us realized what it was. Still amazing and got to see an R8 a couple days later in Montreal.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is styleforum for heaven's sake. How can any one think a BMW Bangle era design looks better than the A5?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of the A5 very much, they retained much of the essence of the Nuvolari. However, the s5 is one ugly ****, mainly because of the icetray grille.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay

I must admit, it does look nice, and I have never been a fan of Audi either. I just cannot get past the whole VW connection..

Originally Posted by oceans11
Thanks I appreciate. I think I fell for the interiors of Audi's first then the exterior! And as far as I'm concerned I think 265 hp if matted right is good enough for everyday driving. I had an 05 S4 as well & it was a monster at 340hp's. But I have to admit the 3 series coupes are beautiful too I'm just not a big fan of their interiors.

I think you are right here, 265 hp should be enough for anybody as an everyday driver. Also not a fan of the 3 series interiors with the exception of the M, which can have some very nice colors and finishes, at least compared to the 325/335.

evor1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
But all the cars named, are considerably more common. .....as for a IS350, why are you even throwing a sedan in the discussion with a Sport Coupe?
who cares about common or uncommon. maybe theres a reason for it...like audi sucks ass and no one even gave a **** about audi until recently. they are still within the same price point and thus competitors. and the a5 is no more sporty than the a4 just because it has 2 doors less. its still under powered and over weight compared to the competition. hardly qualifies as sport anything. and the 265 hp should be enough is what someone in denial would say. maybe if the car weighed 500 lbs less it would be enough but its pushing 3900 lbs. cmon its 2009. honda accords and camrys have more power. 265 hp in that car is absolutely pathetic in this day and age. its the best looking car in the class. but not enough to make me want to pay a premium for one of the worst performers in the class.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics