• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

15 Style Mistakes You Can Fix Now

Siggy

Reaction score
How do guys get jobs writing stuff like this??

Tips:

1. Brush your teeth

2. Comb your hair

3. Wear clean clothes

4. Don't be a f'ing moron

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but pretty basic. Let's do a few more:

#16 Certain articles of clothing go out of style. In other words ditch the cargo shorts.

#17 Don't wear flip flops more than 100 yards from a body of water. Just don't.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 82-Greg
Generally, on target. Misses with comments like, "match your socks to your shoes (very easy)."

Overall grade of B.

Basic, but I'd give it a B+.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9. If your woman's not happy, you're not happy. After getting ready to go out, if you see concern on her face when she looks you over, change your clothes. There's a 98.9 percent chance she's right.
Thank you Mr. Craig Playstead, for validating the entire female-propagated douche bag look. Should I keep wearing my square-toed shoes?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Any good that could've done was completely un-done by number 9.

Also, 100 dollar jeans? So... not quite into the echelon of Buffalo and Calvin Klein, I guess? Cmon now. Not that decent looking jeans can't be had for that or less, but what significance does 100 dollars have?

neato

Reaction score
I always thought your socks were supposed to match your pants (because they are an extension of your pants), not necessarily your shoes.

smoothie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by neato
I always thought your socks were supposed to match your pants (because they are an extension of your pants), not necessarily your shoes.

I match my socks with to my shirt or tie.

Just spray a small amount into the air and walk through it. Less is more.

LMAO

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alden Pyle
A businessman matches his socks to his pants. A gentleman matches his socks to his mood.

teacha.gif

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
How do guys get jobs writing stuff like this?? Tips: 1. Brush your teeth 2. Comb your hair 3. Wear clean clothes 4. Don't be a f'ing moron ....
Sad to say, some characters need this type of very basic advice. Actually, the article is not too bad.

Style Pontifex

Reaction score
Since when did cargo shorts go out of style? What's the "in" style? Jorts? Har har.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen good cargo shorts before, but nowadays it seems everyone is wearing those super-baggy and bulky abercrombie ones..

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8