• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

gustin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We haven't shipped them yet, so no one has experience. We'll be relaunching those again either this week or next.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Regarding sizing- I mostly wear 32 (some brands 33 and the occasional 34) but the straights in 32 were too small for me. I got the Heavy Japans (15oz) from their Kickstarter in 32 Straight. Beautiful fabric, but unfortunately the waist is too small for me.
33 might work, not sure yet.
I think Gustin wrote on their site that one should size up 2. That seems to make sense.
Let me know if anyone's interested in the pair.

mykoh

Reaction score
would really like to get the umber brown jeans, but i don't know if they are slim enough (or would shrink enough),

I wear a 29 in N&F Super Skinny, would getting the 29 Slim work after a hot soak? Read the fit guide and measured my fave pair and everything's about .5" larger except for the waist.

Exordium01

Reaction score
would really like to get the umber brown jeans, but i don't know if they are slim enough (or would shrink enough),

I wear a 29 in N&F Super Skinny, would getting the 29 Slim work after a hot soak? Read the fit guide and measured my fave pair and everything's about .5" larger except for the waist.

The waist on my pair with cone mills denim didn't stretch too much. I would have liked a size 28, but I can just barely wear the 29s without a belt. They aren't skinny jeans... they are about as fitted as they can be without restricting movement. I'm not in love with the Cone Mills denim. I'll probably pick up another pair in a few months in one of the Japanese denim selections.

I'm personally quite happy with the fit because they look good, and I can still go climbing or play frisbee in them if I don't have gym shorts in my car. I haven't soaked them yet.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

evolved

Reaction score
I, unfortunately, had to re-sell both items I purchased from Gustin. I bought a medium OCBD and a pair of Japanese Standards in 32 regular....the shirt, as others have noted, fit like a small and the jeans were nice, but too similar in real life to my APC NS' in terms of color. I did find out that if I get another pair of jeans (holding out for Okayama Standards) I'd size up to 33 and possibly slim. Nice quality, all around, regardless.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, talking about the MV-esque naturals. Almost all of my denim is dark, so I'm trying it for a change of pace, and the red-white-blue ID line tugs at my inner Patriot.

There are at least 5 I'm hoping to get my hands on though...especially the Cone Black.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads