• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1 series bmw

TowleY

Reaction score
Anyone know anyone with one, or have one themselves. My brother wants to get one I told him to go with a 3 just becasuse the 1 is a brand new concept. Anyone any ideas?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 has been around in europe since 2004. It's not a new concept by any means. And it shares plenty of parts with the 3-series.

I actually kinda like the short bulldog stance it has. Plus a 135i is even sportier than a 335.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BMW-1-Series-Coupe.jpg

+

AAAAAqiRO34AAAAAAOa-hw.jpg

+

FWCrysWingFt_medium.jpg

=

NewJerseyDouchebags004.jpg

Reborn

Reaction score
I've had a 135i for about 6 months now. I love it and it still gets a lot of compliments as they are fairly rare, 10k production run for the first year. It's better then having another 3 series as they seem to be filling every other parking space around here. It really does seem to be a love it or hate it look though.

x26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reborn
I've had a 135i for about 6 months now. I love it and it still gets a lot of compliments as they are fairly rare, 10k production run for the first year. It's better then having another 3 series as they seem to be filling every other parking space around here. It really does seem to be a love it or hate it look though.

That has to be a very quick car!
Same engine as my 335 but lighter! Wow!!

Reborn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by x26

Plus it's dimensions feel much much smaller than the 3. It's a big go cart on steroids. Extreme amounts of fun and trouble at the same time.

bkk

Reaction score
My only complaint is the interior feels cheap compared to other Bimmers. A lot more low density plastic compared to my E46. As far as the performance is concerned, the 135i is a wonderful car for the price.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
BMW-1-Series-Coupe.jpg

+

AAAAAqiRO34AAAAAAOa-hw.jpg

+

FWCrysWingFt_medium.jpg

=

NewJerseyDouchebags004.jpg

LMAO it does not = that. I by no chance am a gotti. Lmao.... Yea I feel the 1 is just way to small. Plus I hate tapeups... I dont even know what to say to defend myself lmao. Are those guys even white?

Thats why my brother wants it. To say he has a bmw and to spend such little money.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by x26

Not much lighter. It's over 3400 lbs, which is only 200 lbs lighter than the 335.

--Andre

x26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reborn
Plus it's dimensions feel much much smaller than the 3. It's a big go cart on steroids. Extreme amounts of fun and trouble at the same time.

I know about the trouble part...Mine does 120 mph in a heartbeat. And very smoothly,ie.deceptively.

It is truly painful to do <90 in my car...
plain.gif

CodeRed

Reaction score
The 335 seems like a better value. The weight loss is minimal,,they should have made it more of a CSL.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TowleY
LMAO it does not = that. I by no chance am a gotti. Lmao.... Yea I feel the 1 is just way to small. Plus I hate tapeups... I dont even know what to say to defend myself lmao. Are those guys even white?

Thats why my brother wants it. To say he has a bmw and to spend such little money.

these guys look like straight up minstrels in training

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montyharding
Never liked the door lines of the 1 series. makes it look like a droopy-gutted dachsund.

Yeah, my friend's an auto journo and had one to test drive for a week. Each time we would walk up to it, I'd comment about how it looked like the car had a full diaper. If that bottom door line was straightened, it would have looked much better, but because it curves, it just looks saggy.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TowleY
LMAO it does not = that. I by no chance am a gotti. Lmao.... Yea I feel the 1 is just way to small. Plus I hate tapeups... I dont even know what to say to defend myself lmao. Are those guys even white? Thats why my brother wants it. To say he has a bmw and to spend such little money.
Who are you kidding? You are from Long Island, you wear Axe body spray, are considering the non-punk mowhawk, want hypebeast shoes, want ridiculous gotti hoodies, wear Affliction and Armani and True Religion, and you wear bling Seriously dude, think about it - you are a walking text book definition of a gotti stereotype.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics