• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Hampton Last Sizing

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have read a few conflicting accounts on the Alden Hampton last. Some say true-to-size, some say order a 1/2 size smaller than usual. Other background info says to make sure shell cordovan shoes fit snugly at first, as they'll stretch and adapt to your feet once broken in.

I suppose I'm calling out again for all possible responses and thoughts. I normally wear a 10.5, but I've worn a few 10-equivalents in Euro sizing. I am looking at a pair of shell Aldens on the Hampton last only available in size 10, and wondering if they'll work. Thanks.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have two pairs of Aldens on the Hampton last and they fit me better than any of my other Aldens. For me they fit true to size.

Skyler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I have read a few conflicting accounts on the Alden Hampton last...

...with good reason. Though my foot measures a 9.5D, the only size I can wear in a Hampton is a 10.5C. A full 1 sizer larger and more narrow, which fits me beautifully.

But it was like pulling teeth to figure this out - several Alden pair bought and resold on Ebay before doing so. (For further comparison's sake, a 10D in Alden's Plaza last is a superb fit).

In the end, I decided to wait until a business trip took me to a place w/ a legitimate Alden dealer - in my case, San Francisco, where I was finally able to be fitted in the Hampton 10.5C.

And I'm glad I did: many of Alden's most traditional and elegant shoes are exclusively on the Hampton.

atct86

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a 2nd pair on the Hampton Last in 10B/D, but always wondered why I in most Alden Loafers I am a 9 (Cape Cod Horse & Full Strap). My current Hampton 10 B/D has gotten a little loose, but has holes in the sole and need to be refurbished.

How much smaller would a Hampton 9.5 B/D be? Should I go with that, and have it stretch out?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a full-brogue on the Hampton. I find that it runs pretty true to size, but a little on the wide side.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a couple of pairs on the Hampton, and it runs true to size for me. They are my most comfortable Alden shoes.

atct86

Reaction score
Does anybody have a shoe on the Hampton Last and the Aberdeen Last.

I seem to wear 10 B/D in Hampton, and I thought 9.5 B/D in the Aberdeen were too long. My heel was slipping.

Also, My shoes are marked 10 B/D does that mean they are a 10 B or a 10 D?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by atct86
Does anybody have a shoe on the Hampton Last and the Aberdeen Last. I seem to wear 10 B/D in Hampton, and I thought 9.5 B/D in the Aberdeen were too long. My heel was slipping. Also, My shoes are marked 10 B/D does that mean they are a 10 B or a 10 D?
Yes but I only have 1 example in Aberdeen, the monk. I wear 9.5 B/D in my Hampton laceups and 9 B/D in the Aberdeen monk. But, it's such a slight difference, I would probably go 9.5 B/D if I bought an Aberdeen without being able to try it on. D is the forefoot width, the primary width indicator

imolazhp_ci

Reaction score
definitely true to size. i ordered a pair on the hampton last .5 size down as i do all alden's and they are VERY snug. i should have ordered my true size.

mcbrown

Reaction score

Does anybody have a shoe on the Hampton Last and the Aberdeen Last.

I seem to wear 10 B/D in Hampton, and I thought 9.5 B/D in the Aberdeen were too long. My heel was slipping.

I have multiple pairs on each last, and in multiple sizes - I have had trouble getting the "perfect" size in both.

Heel slippage on the Aberdeen might not be due to excessive length, but to the shape of the heel. I find that the Aberdeen has a very wide heel width compared to the ball width. I have Aberdeen shoes in 10.5E, 10.5D and 10E. All of them felt fine on first fitting but feel a tiny bit "off" after extended wear.

I have Hampton shoes in 10.5D and 10.5E. E width is a bit too roomy in the toe box. D width scrunches my pinky toe. Heel is fine on both.

Of course feet are complicated three-dimensional objects, and RTW shoe sizes come with at most two degrees of freedom, so YMMV.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads