• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite suede shoes

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a mid-brown suede in a semi-brogue (like the EG Asquith) is just about perfect.

palladio211

Reaction score
I am a big fan of brown suede shoes. My favorites are my JM Weston loafers with rubber sole (unfortunately the model I like is no longer made) and even better is the RM Williams Craftsman ankle boot in dark brown suede. I've had more compliments on these than any other shoe I own. The most amusing compliment ever came one day when I was in the Ralph Lauren store in NYC and Ralph himself was roaming the floor. He saw my RM Williams suede boots, walked up (all 5 foot 2 inches) and asked about them. The next fall I noticed that he was selling a similarly styled boot for over double the price of the RMW's. My girlfriend at the time was designing shirts and suits for his "Purple Label" men's collection. She wasn't involved in the shoe production, but if I remember correctly, RL had their boots made to spec by Crockett and Jones or another similar English shop.

The only downside of suede is that they aren't very practical in inclement weather. Otherwise I wear them nearly every day.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some Heschung brown suede wingtips with rubber soles. They are made from a water proofed suede and do very well in the rain. Suede is lightweight and the rubber soles are very comfortable. They are dressy enough to pair with a sport coat. I've traveled extensively with them and highly recommend them.

I just ordered some G&G suede cap toes. I should be receiving them any time.

I recently received some Santoni suede oxfords with a darkened toe. They are very cool and may be my new favorites. They really have that Italian flair.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Here are the Santoni oxfords mentioned above.

What is the purpose of the darkened toe? They'll receive it after some wearings anyway, not?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
with any pre-antiquing, it just gives it to you NOWWW

WOOOOW

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own any suede at the moment but plan to order a Vass monkstrap on the F last in middle brown suede soon.

John Ellis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
I think a mid-brown suede in a semi-brogue (like the EG Asquith) is just about perfect.

Have to agree. Nothing looks better and is more comfortable than the cap toe (or semi) brogue. Chukkas can look good but do become uncomfortable after several hours I find. Be careful on colors though. You need to stay on the darker side from ginger to choc.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by william
I don't own any suede at the moment but plan to order a Vass monkstrap on the F last in middle brown suede soon.

Does anyone have opinions on the quality of Vass's suede? Is it like a bespoke suede, with a deep and sensitive nap?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads