• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Backpack: Need, but Do Not Like

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All through undergrad and a few years of business I've carried my trusty Zero-Halliburton. Now I have a train ride and a walk and I need to carry to much. I think I have to go to a backpack. I have really always disliked them, but I don't see another choice. I don't think a messenger will do -- a laptop, two or three books and a notebook or two is going to be heavy.

Plus I'd like to carry all the stuff I carried in my brief (though I'm sure in a less organized way), which I had so nicely segregated. So I'm thinking two large compartments -- laptop in one, books in another, and perhaps something will little organizer pockets for all my other stuff.

Any ideas? I'd like it to look halfway decent also.

~ H

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like North Face bags. I doubt many people on here like them because they aren't "fashionable" enough or are too common but they do make nice stuff. I have a surge which has an isolated padded laptop compartment that fits a 17" plus another main compartment that can fit books and things and then a smaller compartment with organizers and stuff.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oakley kitchen sink

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where's SoCal's giant Raf backpack?

yawn

Reaction score
imagezve.jpg
imageqyv.jpg
Porter Black Beauty Day Pack

JMSBNSN

Reaction score
Fjallraven Kanken. Laptop Pocket. Pockets on side and and in front. I'm selling one but I don't know what size you're laptop is

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes it can but it is TIGHT if your putting it in a sleeve. i had a 13 inch mbp and it was fine but upgraded to 15 and it is really tight plus i always use a incase neoprene slipcase. but a 15inch still fits, even with a sleeve but not in the laptop sleeve in the backpack (you can use it for other stuff like papers, books, etc).

great lightweight backpack and really sturdy water-resistant material

DesignerValet

Reaction score
I currently use a Y-3; it's fairly sleek, and the fit-and-finish is definitely a step up from usual backpack fare. Before that, I had a LeSportsac, which was nice enough but not designed to carry any kind of weight at all (the straps ripped off on both the one I bought and the replacement LSS sent me).

Prada makes a couple nice but pricey models. Maybe try the Raf x Eastpak collab?

DesignerValet

Reaction score
double post

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads