• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
They are four piston Brembo GTs all around with drilled rotors:
477766132_VWrjw-O.jpg
AY poo-poos their functional advantages for certain forms of enjoyable club racing, for which he is correct. But, having tracked the car both ways, I am with the conventional wisdom that fixed mount, opposed multi-piston caliper big brakes for the E46 M3 are better than the OEM brakes. I also feel that the GT setup is more balanced front and rear than the OEM brakes, but that is a flavor on which a range of opinion is possible depending on your driving style. But, since I don't track anymore, they are but costly baubles. The fact that calipers are factory-painted to match the interior is also a bit bauble-y. - B

How do you find the M3? I had one, if they'd have done an estate I'd have got another, especially now, that they've shoe horned a V8 into the bugger. I never used mine for track days though and the car was never modified in anyway.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Since Poo and I are the same height, I thought this exercise might be interesting.

784052373_AMY5M-O.jpg
784045107_rHfiu-O.jpg

The jackets are actually about the same length with hems and hip outpockets landing in the same plane.

You can see that his bottom square of buttons is moved down, show buttons separated more. In fact, the convention of lining the bottom buttons to the pocket are ignored, to good effect in his case.

His shoulders are extended as much as a minimally padded shoulder can be.

Someone who is detail-oriented might suggest that Poo's jacket is pulling a bit at the waist and hips, but not I.
devil.gif

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
How do you find the M3? I had one, if they'd have done an estate I'd have got another, especially now, that they've shoe horned a V8 into the bugger.

I never used mine for track days though and the car was never modified in anyway.

I love my E46 (prior generation) M3. In fact, I am finding it hard to give it up.

Replacement is currently a tossup between an Aston Vantage and a Porsche GT3, although I'm leaning to just keeping pat for another year or two.

- B

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Poo and I are the same height, I thought this exercise might be interesting.
784052373_AMY5M-O.jpg
784045107_rHfiu-O.jpg
The jackets are actually about the same length with hems and hip outpockets landing in the same plane. You can see that his bottom square of buttons is moved down, and that his shoulders are extended. In fact, the convention of lining the bottom buttons to the pocket are ignored, to good effect in his case. Someone who is detail-oriented might suggest that Poo's jacket is pulling a bit at the waist and hips, but not I.
devil.gif
- B

What I've noticed about Rubinacci and Iammatt's in particular is how low the breast pocket is.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

784052373_AMY5M-O.jpg
784045107_rHfiu-O.jpg

The jackets are actually about the same length with hems and hip outpockets landing in the same plane.

You can see that his bottom square of buttons is moved down, show buttons separated more. In fact, the convention of lining the bottom buttons to the pocket are ignored, to good effect in his case.

Someone who is detail-oriented might suggest that Poo's jacket is pulling a bit at the waist and hips, but not I.
devil.gif

- B

I did see that pull,I also think your Steed DB's are nicer than any other Rubinacci DB's on the forum. Can't say the same about SB's though but that maybe due to the fact that I am not a huge fan of Steed SB cuts.
I am also starting to dislike extended shoulders on Rubinacci numbers,this exercise makes the difference pretty obvious.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
What I've noticed about Rubinacci and Iammatt's in particular is how low the breast pocket is.

I think his is lower than the other Rubies...don't know why.

The boat-shaped welt is dreamy.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
I did see that pull,I also think your Steed DB's are nicer than any other Rubinacci DB's on the forum. Can't say the same about SB's though but that maybe due to the fact that I am not a huge fan of Steed SB cuts.
I am also starting to dislike extended shoulders on Rubinacci numbers,this exercise makes the difference pretty obvious.

It's a good thing that there are still good tailors left who can produce styles to suit various tastes.

I'm curious what doesn't work for you on the SB Steed cuts...here's the first good photo that I've taken of one, which I posted earlier:

- B

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my E46 (prior generation) M3. In fact, I am finding it hard to give it up. Replacement is currently a tossup between an Aston Vantage and a Porsche GT3, although I'm leaning to just keeping pat for another year or two. - B
V8 or V12 Vantage? I'd take the Aston over the GT3. As great as the Porsche is, it simply doesn't have the road presence of the Aston. England > Germany
wink.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
V8 or V12 Vantage?

I'd take the Aston over the GT3. As great as the Porsche is, it simply doesn't have the road presence of the Aston.

England > Germany
wink.gif

V12 would be nice, but way more money than I want to spend on a daily driver.

The main practical issue with Astons in the US compared to Porsche is the number good mechanics, with the number hovering around zero for Aston-Martin.

- B

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think his is lower than the other Rubies...don't know why. The boat-shaped welt is dreamy. - B
Well, if you look at a pattern the breast pocket height is usually tied up to the depth of the arm scye. Obviously, the pocket height can be put anywhere the tailor or client wants. I wonder if Iammatt has high arm holes. I want to see a picture of him flapping his arms around Icarus style. We need to know the height of those arm holes.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a great looking suit,Vox. I can't quite put my finger,I am not liking that it is 3 button and how the quarters close (I feel like quarters are pushing away from you little bit,if you know what I mean)but then all of your Steed SB's are cut in that way.Wait,maybe except for the last windowpane number you received.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, if you look at a pattern the breast pocket height is usually tied up to the depth of the arm scye. Obviously, the pocket height can be put anywhere the tailor or client wants. I wonder if Iammatt has high arm holes.

I want to see a picture of him flapping his arms around Icarus style. We need to know the height of those arm holes.

Hmm. Interesting.

Tailorgod is going to town on this subject even as we speak.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
That is a great looking suit,Vox. I can't quite put my finger,I am not liking that it is 3 button and how the quarters close (I feel like quarters are pushing away from you little bit,if you know what I mean)but then all of your Steed SB's are cut in that way.Wait,maybe except for the last windowpane number you received.

The last windowpane number, FYI, is back in Cumbria right now. More than the usual adjustments...I'm very excited about the tweaks.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

784052373_AMY5M-O.jpg
784045107_rHfiu-O.jpg

devil.gif

- B

I think they are simply different expressions of how the male figure ought to look when clothed. The armholes are quite high, fwiw.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think they are simply different expressions of how the male figure ought to look when clothed. The armholes are quite high, fwiw.

We still need a good robot shot of the Minnis houndstooth that you got. Would love to see that.

Come on...spice up WAYWRN with that special sauce that only you have.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads