• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite suit label?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
I have been looking at the s isaia chalkstripe selling on b and s and I'll go check it out at my local NM one day thanks antirabbit.

Do, I need to fly out there and drag you to NM to try it on?

Seriously, I am built a bit like you, and I can say that nothing fits me OTR like the Isaia base S. You will not be anything but shocked at what it will do for you. I think part of it has to do with the slimness of the sleeves, and also how there is a contour to the back that makes a mans profile look great. Im not sure it would look so good on a very skinny or shapeless body. You have to have a chest and shoulders to make this cut really work well.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mercretas
jimmyoneil - Here's a pic of the Ralph Lauren Signature line tag:

RLBlazerTag.jpg

Thank you very much!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit

Seriously, I am built a bit like you, and I can say that nothing fits me OTR like the Isaia base S. You will not be anything but shocked at what it will do for you. I think part of it has to do with the slimness of the sleeves, and also how there is a contour to the back that makes a mans profile look great. Im not sure it would look so good on a very skinny or shapeless body. You have to have a chest and shoulders to make this cut really work well.

Nice. Yeah I think it may be my next obsession thatll keep me up at night.
From what I've seen though it looks to have al lower gorge and I am a bit picky on how the lapel doesn't cover the breast pocket partially like the ones I ve seen. That with the 3 roll to 3 style.

I like a strong looking suit (like the S you mention with a higher gorge, where the lapel seams fall literally on your collarbones so to speak.
Not that I prefer it per se, but just all the suits I have now are low gorge, so I want a little mix and diversity.
But definitely will check it out.
I promise.

You don't have to fly out here but if you do ill treat you out to a nice korean dinner!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, that's why I never bought it... sort of waiting for the impossible discount to happen to try one I suppose. Just curious though, who makes Giorgio Armani's suit, can't imagine how "bad" it can be (if I can find something like 90% off).

Armani falls very short on the quality side when compared to the suits mentioned in this thread.
You buy Armani (and pay a huge premium) for the "Armani cut", which is unique, but way too expensive for what it really s.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have some shape (earlier days in swimming and then ballroom dancing give me some butts I suppose?), but not much chest (stop lifting for a while). Any Isaia suit model that might work for me? Tried various ones in Barneys New York, but nothing really stand out for some reason, am I looking at the wrong thing?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982

I would give RLPL a try if they make 36S, but they don't. 38S is just a bit too loose for me (and their MTM program isn't exactly cheap, at that price I would go somewhere else).

I always need a slim fitting suit, as my build is rather small, 5"7' close to 5"8', 144 lb. That is usually a bit awkward size, as a 38 would be just a bit too big and 36 might or might not work depends on the brand (a 31 waist is also not helping...).

You need to not think about the weight. We're fairly close in weight/height yet we take totally different sizes. Think about things in terms of cut and forget your weight. It's not an issue. You need something to fit your build.

Some body should start importing Italian 46 into the US. The companies make plenty. Or at least the shops stock them here.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RTW?

RLBL fits me very well, though it can appear a little 'severe' to some eyes. PRL is mostly too damned baggy - 46" around the chest for a tagged 40R is just unacceptable.

What I rate extremely highly though, is Caruso for RLPL - superlative fabrics, great finishing (not the best, but near), and designed for men not 'over the hill'.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have 3 suits, 2 of which are RLBL. The other is Kenneth Cole
confused.gif
. If you're athletic, and look under 30, RLBL just fits amazingly well on you. I'd also purchase PRL suits if the opportunity ever arises. As for regular sports coats, my two favorites are: Barbera (by Attolini) and Zegna Su Misera. Both were bought on this forum they fit me like a glove. But for the Zegna, I sized down. Since I'm a student, I obviously haven't been able to spend more than $500 (with alterations) on a suit, so I have no experience with Isaia, Borrelli, Kiton, etc...though I do have their shirts, and if the shirt quality and fit are any indication, I suspect I'd look awesome in their suits as well. This is why I love RLBL; all I have to do is get the pants hemmed and I'm good to go. But I do have to size up.

Charles55

Reaction score
My number one (only in suits/jackets) is Kiton with no exceptions. I "cleaned" my wardrobe from all other stuff and brands. Now it's small(er) but only the best is in it.

hankwx

Reaction score
i read the first two pages and jumped to reply.

many top posters mentioned that the RLBL suits will end up looking dated. i'm not fulling understanding this perspective. isn't RLBL one of the most stylist and fashion forward suits one can buy? so years down the line, won't it be remembered as something classy than dated, like something that started the slim suit style (i know it didn't, but i'm just saying)?

oh, and i do agree on the RL signature suits. they fit great on me. the top is cut just right and the wasit is not too slim.

i'm surprised no one mentioned DIOR HOMME yet.
devil.gif
i love their suits, but i don't look good wearing them. i'm EURO50, so the slimness is gone! KVA stuffs are crappy, but he didn't touch hedi's silhouette for suits. whew~!

henry

cgo

Reaction score
I tried on a Dior Homme suit before and they just dont fit right for me at all. I was thinking that would be a nice fit suit for me...how wrong was I. Anyone knows who actually manufacture Dior's suit?

For now nothing beats the fit of RLBL for RTW suit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads