• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

spidercan

Reaction score
Anybody know how the regulation stuff fits in with the pour Homme line? Now is sold under the pour Homme label, outer hang tag says pour Homme, inner cloth tag says regulation

Veillar

Reaction score
Before weather gets too warm:
Yohji 22aw look 38 “beginning of the third age” look:

64EABE62-7CCC-4F1E-823A-E9B34D2262AE.jpeg

48B32989-8E03-473D-86FE-3C13822F9775.jpeg

DA93D0AE-1077-4E4D-B129-EA11DE1D13AE.jpeg

2C504E6A-F981-41BB-9B2A-C5E0B43714DA.jpeg

Not wearing the matching suit jacket (already too warm) so put on a 22aw velvet waistcoat instead.

See you guys next time :)

Garden

Reaction score
The unfortunate thing about buying online, especially with Yohji is that I can never quite tell what the weight of a fabric is, I bought some cotton twill trousers recently and while I love the fit, I'm afraid in my climate i'm only going to be wearing it for a few months in the year!

With that being said, what are some lighter fabric codes I should keep a lookout for when it comes to pants/jackets?
Also it's a sad day when you realise maybe the suit i've had for a decade might be a bit too small now.. Can barely raise my shoulders above my arms in them without it getting all tight, sad times

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
-10X (usually 100 sometimes 103 etc) is wool gabardine and the best fabric he uses outside of the insane esoteric stuff that costs $10k and produced by a single master in some remote village

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
We used to have a shared excel sheet of fabric codes for all the seasons , might be somewhere in this thread still

Veillar

Reaction score
Dear @Garden

In recent seasons yohji started using the material of triacetate, maybe you will find it to your liking. Really light weight, hard to crease even if you don’t fold them properly (busy dudes got bigger fishes to fry). Their product codes usually end in 500.

Aside from that, maybe you can also consider stuff made in linen. I would personally also recommend ramie too, but apparently this material is not often used in recent collections, so it might take a bit of hunting around vintage stores.

Hope this helps.

Kurtosis

Reaction score
How often do you guys dry clean your Yohji clothes? Particularly wool gabardine. Also I have YYPH balloon pants in cotton twill, do you think it's worth getting balloon pants in wool gaba as well? Is there a noticeable difference in the drape?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Just hand wash it in warm water with soap and leave it to dry

takashi78

Reaction score
How often do you guys dry clean your Yohji clothes? Particularly wool gabardine. Also I have YYPH balloon pants in cotton twill, do you think it's worth getting balloon pants in wool gaba as well? Is there a noticeable difference in the drape?

I would say get it, wool gaba should drape and flow much nicer than cotton twill.

dnp(cd)

Reaction score

Garden

Reaction score
Does anybody have recommendation on some camp/cuban collar shirts in linen or hemp that could match well with baggy yohji bottoms? I'm just looking for a looser/oversized fit - obviously YYPH/YFM would be great but it's certainly not common enough that I can buy it right now!

I got lucky with a short sleeve one at Muji but alas they've run out of stock

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads