• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

EHTersono

Reaction score
Recently bought this wool Y's jacket from Mercari Japan just because I wanted to see it in person. I love the tailoring, the cut, the shape, the whole thing. Item number is MB-J08-112. It's a 4 but fits perfectly (I'm 6'2"), so I'm not sure if it was meant to be men's or women's or both.

It has four removable buckle straps, and twelve pockets. I'm putting it in my shop for sale but if it doesn't get picked up I would definitely wear it.

Attachments

• DSCF1138.JPG
    DSCF1138.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF1139.JPG
    DSCF1139.JPG
    386 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF1145 copy.JPG
    DSCF1145 copy.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 155

EHTersono

Reaction score
I just sell on Grailed, Reversible, and Poshmark Canada under the same username as here. I collect for myself and then list some of my items for buyers who are willing to pay enough that I could replace the item with others and make a profit (it's my only source of income), so my shops probably wouldn't be of interest to fellow collectors here. There are buyers though who don't want to shop in Japan or use a proxy or search for things, and they buy enough from me to fund my own collecting hobby. That said, if anyone here is wealthy and interested, lol, just send me a message referencing this forum thread on the site you want to buy through and I'll be happy to give a discount.

you can't just say that and not link your shop (assuming it has a web presence)

EHTersono

Reaction score
Two more recent acquisitions. I've wanted to get these 南無阿弥陀仏 ties for ages. Waiting for the 適応障害 tie also which is in the mail now.

Attachments

• DSCF1085.JPG
    DSCF1085.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF1073.JPG
    DSCF1073.JPG
    487.3 KB · Views: 105

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Recently bought this wool Y's jacket from Mercari Japan just because I wanted to see it in person. I love the tailoring, the cut, the shape, the whole thing. Item number is MB-J08-112. It's a 4 but fits perfectly (I'm 6'2"), so I'm not sure if it was meant to be men's or women's or both.

So many nice details to love. The fabric looks interesting too. I can't remember all the Y's codes, but starting with M might mean Women's. not that it really matters. that could also be incorrect.

I recently bought a few Yohji things which I'm looking forward to wearing. one is the Asukura print jacket from 2016 (let me know if anyone finds the matching pants!) and the other is a Regulation military type "Yohji jacket" in 100 gab.

24893717-1_2.jpg

m31271886959_2.jpg

EHTersono

Reaction score
This Nippon Culture article, which I'm sure we've all looked at before, suggests the opposite, that the M might mean Men's! And yes, the fabric is amazing actually. It's 90% laine wool, and kind of an open weave. Great lining too. Would love to find other jackets like this.

So many nice details to love. The fabric looks interesting too. I can't remember all the Y's codes, but starting with M might mean Women's. not that it really matters. that could also be incorrect.

Veillar

Reaction score
22aw look 8 leopard damage suit
AA14868A-3081-4B4A-A00B-B14A6A2139D1.jpeg

EA53FFE2-3D82-46F1-9FEE-C875A66D20A1.jpeg

size 3 for both jacket and pants, classic yohji fit, arguably the most satisfying suit this season-wise.

Also, paring it with the 22aw brochet. This season surely has some fun gadgets.
57CC90F4-5906-4DF6-A86E-01DC97AC6BA0.jpeg

@gio3101 that’s a nice look that makes me also want to try out as well. Yohji’s jeans and sweaters don’t get enough kudos but they are nice :)

@Parker good to see one of the yohji veterans back in the game, those jackets deserve a few fit pics :)

Veillar

Reaction score
Gaadamn that looks so good in natural lighting Veillar
Thank you :) was wearing the suit to my seminar and one of the professors goes “I didn’t know you were going to star in the next Kill Bill movie”, guess this suit does give off some killer vibes, love it.

npawlick

Reaction score
Hey, I’m pretty new into Yohji, and I’m really liking everything I see. I found a pair of pants on the site that I really like, but it looks like they are sold out. Is this a pretty common thing for his stuff? I wanted to know if they get restocked often, or if they have all sold out for the season. I hope this is the place to ask.

the pants in question: https://theshopyohjiyamamoto.com/shop/g/gGA-P01-100-1-03/

Veillar

Reaction score
Hey, I’m pretty new into Yohji, and I’m really liking everything I see. I found a pair of pants on the site that I really like, but it looks like they are sold out. Is this a pretty common thing for his stuff? I wanted to know if they get restocked often, or if they have all sold out for the season. I hope this is the place to ask.

the pants in question: https://theshopyohjiyamamoto.com/shop/g/gGA-P01-100-1-03/

Dear npawlick:
Yes, it is rather common for his stuff to get sold out fast on the web store. People are growing reluctant to go to retailers and turn to the web store after the outbreak of pandemic. Also, unfortunately I don’t think yohji’s web store carries a lot of stock. That being said, wouldn’t hurt to always keep an eye on possible restock or see whether someone has what you want on yahoo auction.

Hope you can get your hands on those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads