• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

damnit, I want yohji's hat so bad.

Some cool hats on ln-cc from the YY

I am currently too poor for any YY fun :(

But I am learning to love the looser fit courtesy of V-ave. My apologies for the dust.

Auburn

Reaction score

One last summery fit...
It is not a very typical Yohji since these Y's pants fit pretty "slim". The fabric composition is really weird: 66% cotton, 20% linen, 10% rayon and 4% ramie; I always wonder what that 4% does. In any case the fabric is really nice and soft, with a little bit of sheen to it. The construction is also interesting. The zipper and button fly has been moved over to the right and the legs have a sort of patchwork quality to them.

eloq

Reaction score
i got these y's from auctions. doesnt fit though, pretty disappointed.
anyone know what season its from?

has like a buckle on the back top

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Y3 - haven't looked at the recent show, but I looked at a lot of the current fall collection recently and I was really impressed. The fabrics are REALLY cool. Luxe tech basically. The designs aren't very Yohji to me. Much more on trend sort of stuff. But I liked it in its own right.

Also, does that pic mean Yohji is in NYC? For some reason that's exciting to me. Maybe he wants to have brunch? Yohji, if you're there, it's my treat!

My pants have to be rolled so much I think it actually messes with the silhouette a little. Hah. It's not terrible though. Maybe I'll leave them alone. We'll see.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol; first time *no offence but many of the pants look like the trackies I wear around the house and roll up so they don't drag along the floor :p
Though yohji **** is awesome!

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that post kiko, now I know what to look out for for that Yohji LV swag ;).

Auburn I quite like those pants actually. Nice thing too about the fit is that the off-center zipper & fly are hidden under your T-shirt so it's like an inside joke :). Pretty sure it would look good tucked as well though, but just thought it was cool the way you have it.

P4, yup I believe Yohji is/was in NYC. Should've given you a heads up so you could do some stalking on behalf of the thread, hehe. Next time I am in a place with Y-3 stores I will definitely check them out. Like you said, the last couple of collections have been pretty interesting. I agree with david that the footwear for men has not being interesting to me though. Would be nice to pick up some vests and track bottoms.

TehBunny you need to see the pants in person I guess to see that they really look nothing like track bottoms at all. Fabric, cut and I believe, design intent are completely different :nodding:

Haven't worn these pants in a while, but decided to today -

- SS11 shirt/waistcoat hybrid with cotton sleeves and cotton body, but different materials. Posted before.
- SS12 silk tapered hakama pants (ninja hakamas). Really like these, but somehow just wasn't in the mood to wear them out. Great pleating on the front with buttons at the hem and snap buttons holding the cuff which can be undone to increase the length a bit. Great in motion.
- SS11 breeches/shorts worn underneath since the sides of the hakamas are cut very wide open showing whatever you have underneath. A really long t-shirt could work tucked in, but I actually don't have one of those. Still looking for a medium length lightweight coat or long jacket I could wear over the hakamas (among other things) in black.
- Marsell SS11 shoes.

cupper

Reaction score
Great fits guys!

My pants have to be rolled so much I think it actually messes with the silhouette a little. Hah. It's not terrible though. Maybe I'll leave them alone. We'll see.

pickpackpockpuck, I have the same question with my SS06 cotton pants, to hem or not to hem... lol.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

That shot of Yohji kicking the ball is adorable and awesome at the same time. I wish I knew how he does it.

recipe: wearing awesome clothes next to Le Maître + being adorably short 4'8 fellow :D

davidlee388

Reaction score
Classic Yohji Genius

Back view

YYPH SS07 Suspender Coat ( HT-C06-046 ) - non-Runway piece, size 2, 100% thin soft hand cotton. Perfect shoulders, sleeves and length for a coat. Half body lined in fabric, usual 3 inside pockets, chest pocket & 2 bottom patch pockets. Yohji buttons, notch lapels, 3B closure, 3B non-working sleeves. Very good go anywhere coat for cool summer, the lightness of the fabric allows great movement. Great, great silhouette.
However this piece suffers duo personality disorder, it can " turn " into a mad character...

Another view

It has 2 trick shoulder flaps secured by 2 buttons, 2 reinforced apertures on front panels, one at the back. These allow the suspenders to be incorporated to the coat and fastened to wide-waisted pants. Quite dramatic, very original and cleverly constructed, the theme running throughout the SS07 Runway. There are many ways the braces can be styled, over the flaps, asymmetrical, or the braces can be left in-situ without fastening to the pants as decoration. The way it's shown here displays a " Y " at the back, clever Yohji branding without the use of logos, how cool is that? Of course a belt is advised when wearing oversized waisted pants if you want to take the coat off
tongue.gif
You can't help but admire the genius that is Yohji Yamamoto for this series.

YYPH SS09 Look 15 Leather Insert Pants ( HV-P07-114 ) - posted before, size 3 huge waist, huge everywhere. 100% soft wool, knee buttoned pockets, leather belt loops, leather back pocket flaps and leather darts on leg pockets.

YYPH SS03 Look 18 Floral Suspenders ( HQ-Q02-298 ) - 60/40 rayon/polyurethane, great striking floral pattern, clip fastening

YYPH AW11 15 Eyelet Monkey Boots ( HP-E04-754 ) size 2

Basic SS Tee

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
those shoes are really nice, ivwri.

david, those jackets are cool, but need to agree with alfonso, that they are useless if you want to take the jacket off. had to pass on gabardine short version for next to nothing just because of this..

ps: don't roll hems too much, either loose or cropped. had to cut my y's cotton pants few days ago, because of the rolls. now i cant them off.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
david, those jackets are cool, but need to agree with alfonso, that they are useless if you want to take the jacket off. had to pass on gabardine short version for next to nothing just because of this..

It's a shame Kiko you passed on the suspender blazer..it's an amazing concept IMO. Whist I applaud your focused vision on wearing Yohji, we have to agree to disagree, it's not as if the suspender series is one dimensional. It does give the wearer options to wear with/without braces. Yohji had the audacity to create a seasonal theme based on this unprecedented idea given some will undoubtedly question its practicality. In fact I think they are supremely versatile. They have all the hallmark ingredients of Yohji-ism i.e. great fabrics, constructions, comfort and silhouette before adding any trick details.

Wire also said a while ago to me how amazing his Suspender Blazer felt when he had it. " It comes alive when wearing it with suspender pants " was his quote :satisfied:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member