• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kombucha-girl.gif

Last edited:

pmeis

Reaction score
You ever thrown that bad boy on a grey croc?
Or suede 🤔

I have a bunch of 18mm straps thanks to my Nomos fetish, so between those and this, I have more 18mm straps than any other size. I haven't tried a gator strap, but I do have a grey Ostrich. It's cool, but I don't really care for the padded strap style. A grey croc would probably be great, but since I normally wear this pretty casually, I hadn't felt it necessary to spend the money on what might be a couple times a year wear.

Regarding suede, the watch actually came on an Alcantara strap that I've essentially never worn, because it came with a deployant clasp that combined with the strap hole placement happens to be in the perfect sweet spot of unwearable, being either way tight or way loose. They currently don't have a 16 mm pin buckle available, but they've been working on it and hope to have them ready next month.

Anyways...here are a few different looks:

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With both Moritz Grossman as well as Lange & Heyne...I love the overall quality and some parts of the watches, but I feel they always have 1 - 3 things that totally kill the watch.

L&H, a lot of them are weirdly big, like the Georg.

Grossman has an awful awful awful logo.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With both Moritz Grossman as well as Lange & Heyne...I love the overall quality and some parts of the watches, but I feel they always have 1 - 3 things that totally kill the watch.

L&H, a lot of them are weirdly big, like the Georg.

Grossman has an awful awful awful logo.
I actually prefer small logos on the face. My JLC Polaris has a barely visible logo which causes people to stare to figure out what I am wearing.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a lot to be said about the Trump trial going on right now, but one thing I've noticed is that Trump's main attorney, Todd Blanche, seems to always wear the same watch which is pictured during the defendant's daily scowl session for the pool photographers.

Any idea what it is? Maybe a Tank of some sort?

22trump-trial-defense-team-01-ghtj-articleLarge.jpg

donald_trump_todd_blanche_2147866431.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding suede, the watch actually came on an Alcantara strap

Alcantara seems like it would be a good material for a strap. Synthetic should be durable and I like the looks. May have to look for an aftermarket option for my Speedy or Explorer I.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's a lot to be said about the Trump trial going on right now, but one thing I've noticed is that Trump's main attorney, Todd Blanche, seems to always wear the same watch which is pictured during the defendant's daily scowl session for the pool photographers.

Any idea what it is? Maybe a Tank of some sort?

22trump-trial-defense-team-01-ghtj-articleLarge.jpg

donald_trump_todd_blanche_2147866431.jpg

Based on the second pic where you get a glimpse of the crown,lugs and Roman numerals on dial, I want to guess it’s a Franck Muller Master Square??

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on the second pic where you get a glimpse of the crown,lugs and Roman numerals on dial, I want to guess it’s a Franck Muller Master Square??
Initially, I thought it a 1945 GP, but those numerals made me question that. FM is a good option.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sophiadancini