• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XLERATOR hand dryers (too powerful?)

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheD0n
I use my pinky finger to exit pull doors in bathroom. It's least likely to enter my mouth or touch anything I put in my mouth.

Oh, and it's most dainty.

Have you ever taken a moment to consider the people who handle your forks, napkins, plates, cups, food, beverage cans, beverage bottles, fast food, etc?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Have you ever taken a moment to consider the people who handle your forks, napkins, plates, cups, food, beverage cans, beverage bottles, fast food, etc?

This is cruel.
laugh.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you've ever experienced this type, they're spectacular. 400mph room temp air dries your hands in 12 seconds.
hdm_ab04_lg.jpg

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
somewhat related, at Whole Foods (Toronto Yorkville) in the bathroom I noticed they had a little ledge / foot hook so you can open the door without touching the handle, Genius I say! Every bathroom should have these things.
4375811347_2ce96d851d.jpg

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
somewhat related, at Whole Foods (Toronto Yorkville) in the bathroom I noticed they had a little ledge / foot hook so you can open the door without touching the handle, Genius I say! Every bathroom should have these things.
Nice part of the city, that Yorkville. Even better would be a movement sensor by the door that would trigger an electrical shock to the handle, killing the bacteria and giving the customer the comforting feeling that no live poo bacteria was contaminating his hands. Except, the shopping basket handles inside of the store...

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
If you've ever experienced this type, they're spectacular. 400mph room temp air dries your hands in 12 seconds.

hdm_ab04_lg.jpg

Interesting - I didn't know that Dyson made one.

The same type of hand dryer has been around in Japan for a decade or so, mainly made by Mitsubishi. The Dyson sounds pretty much identical, barring a couple of design differences.

They are fantastic - they feel nice and your hands are dry in a few seconds. Much better than standing around waving your damp hands under a weak, wafting current of tepid air.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
This is cruel.
laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather keep everything as sanitary as possible. I just don't get the guy who has to wait by the door for some uncouth specimen of modern Cro-Magnon such as myself to open it for him because he doesn't want to get his manicured hands dirty incase the cooties get on his food. Hell, a little tip for anybody that ever eats McFlurries, Blizzards, etc: they're using bad ice cream that would be too obvious if done in a regular soft serve cone. My buddy has managed 3 of these sorts of joints, and it's the same story everywhere he goes.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Xlerator saved my life the other day. I had just ground & bought some coffee at a natural foods market and got out to my car. As soon as I sat down I saw that the coffee had gotten all over my khakis. After a loud "FFFUUUUUUCCCKKKK" I went back inside to the bathroom and scrubbed muh trouzerz. I then awkwardly crouched down under the Xlerator and let that **** work its magic. I was dry in like 2 minutes. Awesome!

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
The Xlerator saved my life the other day. I had just ground & bought some coffee at a natural foods market and got out to my car. As soon as I sat down I saw that the coffee had gotten all over my khakis. After a loud "FFFUUUUUUCCCKKKK" I went back inside to the bathroom and scrubbed muh trouzerz. I then awkwardly crouched down under the Xlerator and let that **** work its magic. I was dry in like 2 minutes. Awesome!
Dude..
Originally Posted by NorCal
Just don't stick *********** in it . . .

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used them once to dry the sweat spots underneath the armpit on a t shirt I was wearing on a hot day. Took all of two maybe three min. I was pleased.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
XLERATORs are pretty much the greatest invention to hit the mens room since flush toilets.

We don't get a lot of them here, but I always get a little jolt of satisfaction when I walk into a restroom that has them.

On the topic of touching doors: there's a student at my university, sort of a hippy, with no arms. The kid wears Birkenstock-style sandals so that he can kick them off to open doors with his toes. Completely threw me for a loop when I first saw it, since they're the big, heavy glass and aluminum doors that can be tough to open the regular way. Always an option if you're a very dedicated germ-a-phobe.

JenLopez

Reaction score
I love our local restaurant and have had many decent meals here but recently I had a negative experience using the bathroom. My children who are 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 cry and start to panic if I even mention taking them to the bathroom because of the horrifyingly LOUD hand dryers. Sure, it saves paper and gets your hands dry in 15 seconds or less...but my children are now so traumatized by how extremely eardrum shattering this dryer is (not to mention I also am in shock for the first few seconds and have to plug my ears) -- My kids no longer willingly use the bathroom at restaurants that have these dryers. They will pee in their pants before they enter the restroom. In fact, I took my reluctant child into the bathroom because he just decided he would pee his pants instead of using the restroom, and he started screaming and plugging his ears as soon as we opened the door. When I finally got his pants down to change him he peed all over the walls and the floors uncontrollably. Not only is this totally UNLIKE my kid to behave, but I couldn't find anything but flimsy toilet paper to clean it up. I pretty much used the rest of what was in the dispenser. I told the manager about it and he said that he's saving paper. I get it. I really do - you won't meet a bigger conservationist than ME, but PLEASE give us an option with paper towels in a room that small. In retrospect I should've just left the urine all over the place to make a point... but that would be wrong. The manager should have acknowledged my horrific experience and apologized. Instead he just sort of shrugged and stated that people needed to be able to dry their hands. What's wrong with the smaller units that take a tad bit longer. Seriously, the volume alone on that thing may have done damage to my child's eardrums. Totally unnecessary.

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xlerator rules.

dyson air blade is a huge POS anti-technology that is harmful to society, much like pepsi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads