1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

XLERATOR hand dryers (too powerful?)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 901 south street, May 3, 2010.

1. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

I used them once to dry the sweat spots underneath the armpit on a t shirt I was wearing on a hot day. Took all of two maybe three min. I was pleased.

2. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Well-Known Member

XLERATORs are pretty much the greatest invention to hit the mens room since flush toilets.

We don't get a lot of them here, but I always get a little jolt of satisfaction when I walk into a restroom that has them.

On the topic of touching doors: there's a student at my university, sort of a hippy, with no arms. The kid wears Birkenstock-style sandals so that he can kick them off to open doors with his toes. Completely threw me for a loop when I first saw it, since they're the big, heavy glass and aluminum doors that can be tough to open the regular way. Always an option if you're a very dedicated germ-a-phobe.

3. JenLopez

JenLopez New Member

I love our local restaurant and have had many decent meals here but recently I had a negative experience using the bathroom. My children who are 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 cry and start to panic if I even mention taking them to the bathroom because of the horrifyingly LOUD hand dryers. Sure, it saves paper and gets your hands dry in 15 seconds or less...but my children are now so traumatized by how extremely eardrum shattering this dryer is (not to mention I also am in shock for the first few seconds and have to plug my ears) -- My kids no longer willingly use the bathroom at restaurants that have these dryers. They will pee in their pants before they enter the restroom. In fact, I took my reluctant child into the bathroom because he just decided he would pee his pants instead of using the restroom, and he started screaming and plugging his ears as soon as we opened the door. When I finally got his pants down to change him he peed all over the walls and the floors uncontrollably. Not only is this totally UNLIKE my kid to behave, but I couldn't find anything but flimsy toilet paper to clean it up. I pretty much used the rest of what was in the dispenser. I told the manager about it and he said that he's saving paper. I get it. I really do - you won't meet a bigger conservationist than ME, but PLEASE give us an option with paper towels in a room that small. In retrospect I should've just left the urine all over the place to make a point... but that would be wrong. The manager should have acknowledged my horrific experience and apologized. Instead he just sort of shrugged and stated that people needed to be able to dry their hands. What's wrong with the smaller units that take a tad bit longer. Seriously, the volume alone on that thing may have done damage to my child's eardrums. Totally unnecessary.

4. scientific

scientific Well-Known Member

Xlerator rules.

dyson air blade is a huge POS anti-technology that is harmful to society, much like pepsi.

5. yerfdog

yerfdog Well-Known Member

lol

6. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

I like how the XLERATOR has a decal that says "FEEL THE POWER" with an arrow pointing down to my thunder.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011