• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have (or at least had) tons of fabrics that I had reserved/set aside for the past two years... I didn't realize production issues would be so difficult and frustrating. So while the short answer is YES, there are plans, the follow-up of WHEN is still uncertain. :(

On late nights, when I've had 1 glass of wine too many while surfing the forum and once again dare to think "I like this enough, I could get in the business; I could make a go of it!" I remember all your frustrations over the past few years and talk myself out of it.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with the Artini jackets? The price for the blue plaid one looks right but I'm not sure about the fit and quality as somebody who normally wears a 38R (17.5ish" S2S, 39.5" P2P, 25" sleeves). Thanks!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Anybody have experience with the Artini jackets? The price for the blue plaid one looks right but I'm not sure about the fit and quality as somebody who normally wears a 38R (17.5ish" S2S, 39.5" P2P, 25" sleeves).  Thanks!

Quality is nothing special as they are a washed cotton casual unconstructed jacket. They tend to be cut on the full side for the blue plaid one. It's great to wear with worn jeans, washed khakis or cords - not meant to be worn dressed with a tie imo. They're great for the price and style though - can't comment on how it'd fit you though.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried to take a selfie of this awesome suit I bought from Ben. It's a Caruso that he steered me to, and I think it looks great. Better in person than in the pic.

Caruso suit
Benjamin shirt
Cheap tie

BTW, this is a 3-button suit. But it rolls so nicely, you can't tell!

Looks fantastic! Hey what do the lapels measure across? 9cm?

Ben, not sure if I am measuring correctly, but if I follow the seam at the top of the notch, it is closer to 9.5 cm. I think most of my suits are in the 9 range, so this is a little wide.

Are you still planning another run of the Benjamin shirts - the slimmer version (which I think is sort of your "regular" fit)?

Looking forward to the new Maco/Caruso suits!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

[/SPOILER]
Ben, not sure if I am measuring correctly, but if I follow the seam at the top of the notch, it is closer to 9.5 cm. I think most of my suits are in the 9 range, so this is a little wide.

Are you still planning another run of the Benjamin shirts - the slimmer version (which I think is sort of your "regular" fit)?

Looking forward to the new Maco/Caruso suits!

I'm playing around with a 9 cm lapel for the next round of Napoli soft shoulder jackets. The Riviera cashmere plaid jackets are 10cm - just barely within the acceptable range for my tastes but I think 9 is a good classic width.

Another round of the Benjamin shirts are coming soon but from a different factory - nicer than the Saitt made ones from the previous batch. The cut will be just a smidge fuller and the collar slightly wider than the previous as well.

Maco/Caruso and Pal Zileri are in the warehouse in London. I'll start processing them after I return from Belgium next week and hope to have them on the site by the 2nd week of June.

Got in some Pal Zileri Sartoriale too! :slayer:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm playing around with a 9 cm lapel for the next round of Napoli soft shoulder jackets. The Riviera cashmere plaid jackets are 10cm - just barely within the acceptable range for my tastes but I think 9 is a good classic width.

Another round of the Benjamin shirts are coming soon but from a different factory - nicer than the Saitt made ones from the previous batch. The cut will be just a smidge fuller and the collar slightly wider than the previous as well.

Maco/Caruso and Pal Zileri are in the warehouse in London. I'll start processing them after I return from Belgium next week and hope to have them on the site by the 2nd week of June.

Got in some Pal Zileri Sartoriale too! :slayer:

New shirts sound great - exactly the changes I would have asked you to make. Looking forward to them.

Also anxiously awaiting the new Napoli suits. I think 9 is about perfect for the lapels. Those are going to be killer suits!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New shirts sound great - exactly the changes I would have asked you to make. Looking forward to them.

Also anxiously awaiting the new Napoli suits. I think 9 is about perfect for the lapels. Those are going to be killer suits!

Yes slimmer lapels please. And slimmer shoulders and sleeves. And other colors like charcoal blue, teal, or some more unique ones
biggrin.gif

mavrik13

Reaction score
Hi,

Couple of questions. Found your site through Styleforum, and am looking for a suit. I'm someone who enjoys quality, but always searching for a bargain... ;)

The suits that I have had in the past are 42T, as I'm 6'5". However, I take a 38" waist and have rather large thighs (~26.5") which make buying suits OTR difficult. I know at this point that tailoring is a necessity, and am willing to spend some money on that. I

The two suits I've been eyeing up are:

1) Benjamin Sartorial 43L/44L ($525) - this has the same shoulder measurement as my current suit (19") and comes with a 38" waist, which is a bonus. I don't really understand the 43L/44L sizing though - the chest is 47", which will be a little large... but I imagine that is relatively easy to tailor. My concern is that it seems to mention slim fitting... and generally I have trouble with slim fit pants due to my thighs.
http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-16476/Benjamin-Sartorial-Suit-cln--43L-fdsh-44L/Detail

2) Caruso 42L ($685) - as above, same shoulder width as my current suit (19"), but is a 36" waist (but apparently is able to be let out 2"?). Will probably require more tailoring, but also mentions that it is a bit more of a 'fuller fit' which has worked for me in the past. However, this suit is more expensive, and will definitely require tailoring as well.
http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-12947/Caruso-Suit-cln--42L/Detail

Would anyone be so kind as to help me out in deciding which to go with? Thanks!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The difference isn't much so I'd go with the Caruso which has always been some of my better constructed suits. Then again depends on which color or fabric you like better. The thighs on the Classico II are indeed slim which is perfect for me but that is another consideration for you as well.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi,

Couple of questions. Found your site through Styleforum, and am looking for a suit. I'm someone who enjoys quality, but always searching for a bargain... ;)

The suits that I have had in the past are 42T, as I'm 6'5". However, I take a 38" waist and have rather large thighs (~26.5") which make buying suits OTR difficult. I know at this point that tailoring is a necessity, and am willing to spend some money on that. I

The two suits I've been eyeing up are:

1) Benjamin Sartorial 43L/44L ($525) - this has the same shoulder measurement as my current suit (19") and comes with a 38" waist, which is a bonus. I don't really understand the 43L/44L sizing though - the chest is 47", which will be a little large... but I imagine that is relatively easy to tailor. My concern is that it seems to mention slim fitting... and generally I have trouble with slim fit pants due to my thighs.
http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-16476/Benjamin-Sartorial-Suit-cln--43L-fdsh-44L/Detail

2) Caruso 42L ($685) - as above, same shoulder width as my current suit (19"), but is a 36" waist (but apparently is able to be let out 2"?). Will probably require more tailoring, but also mentions that it is a bit more of a 'fuller fit' which has worked for me in the past. However, this suit is more expensive, and will definitely require tailoring as well.
http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-12947/Caruso-Suit-cln--42L/Detail

We can usually switch the trouser for you with the Benjamin suit and we do currently have stock in size 40 which you can have the waist/seat taken in easily enough. Just something to consider! You can try both suits and see which works better...

Bstark

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to buy a new classico suit in navy, either 39L/40L or 41L/42L, but I'm really not sure which size to get. The problem is I have this old 38L granoro model (slightly tailored) which is clearly too tight now (and pants way out of the question!), but this 42R (even though the length seems the same on both) Ralph Lauren Black Label (unaltered) feels a little big, especially in the shoulders.

I'm worried the 41/42 will be a bit big like the RLBL, and I'm worried the 39/40L will be a bit tight, especially in the legs? The legs are of particular concern since my legs are quite chunky due to bike riding (the pants in the pics are the RLBL's and I think they fit fairly well)

Would you recommend one over the other? I was leaning toward the 41/42L

http://www.use.com/supersize.pl?set=29599b985e611e8942b6

Thanks!!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey guys,

I wanted to buy a new classico suit in navy, either 39L/40L or 41L/42L, but I'm really not sure which size to get. The problem is I have this old 38L granoro model (slightly tailored) which is clearly too tight now (and pants way out of the question!), but this 42R (even though the length seems the same on both) Ralph Lauren Black Label (unaltered) feels a little big, especially in the shoulders.

I'm worried the 41/42 will be a bit big like the RLBL, and I'm worried the 39/40L will be a bit tight, especially in the legs? The legs are of particular concern since my legs are quite chunky due to bike riding (the pants in the pics are the RLBL's and I think they fit fairly well)

Would you recommend one over the other? I was leaning toward the 41/42L

http://www.use.com/supersize.pl?set=29599b985e611e8942b6

Thanks!!

Are the photos you linked to the RLBL I'm assuming?

Well, why not try both the 39/40L as well as 41L/42L and keep one and send the other back? If the 39/40L jacket fits better we can switch the trousers for you to a size 36 if that works better for you - just let us know.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for Ben: Any update on the ETA for the less slim fitting tuxedo? I remember reading on here over the winter that a new version was due in spring but curious whether it's still anticipated.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Benjamin trouser basics are restocked (charcoal, navy, medium grey).

New Marco Pescarolo and Borrelli trousers will be on the site shortly.

Ma.Co suits coming next week, and Pal Zileri suits shortly thereafter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads