• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst Job Ever?

tundrafour

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
whats to hate about nordstroms? nice department store, get paid to hang around clothes all day, employee discounts. Seems like a pretty good deal.
The average Nordstrom employee is either mind-numbingly stupid or chronically depressed, while the company as a whole is disingenuous, insincere, and cult-like (you should hear the way corporate Nordstrom employees talk about the Nordstrom family). It's just a bad combination. And the clothes really aren't that nice.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
^^ You have an awesome username.
Wicked signature quote. I dunno if 2 up arrows means me or the post before mine, but either way its all good.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono
Stack Paper.

laugh.gif
I hope to stack paper in my profession

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope to stack paper in my profession

I've been volunteering somewhere which involves us counting lots of cash lately. Like scarface we get one of those money counting machines from the '80s, unlike scarface the bastard jams every 20 seconds and you have to fish a bill out of it and start over. As a result, like scarface, I scream expletives a lot.

fortune

Reaction score
whats to hate about nordstroms? nice department store, get paid to hang around clothes all day, employee discounts. Seems like a pretty good deal.
The customers are the ******* worst some times. Much of my family, including me, has worked at Nordstrom, excluding my mom who is going on her 17th year with the company. It's not so bad regular season but if you create the slightest inconvenience during holiday or sale, they[the customers] chew your head off.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fortune
The customers are the ******* worst some times. Much of my family, including me, has worked at Nordstrom, excluding my mom who is going on her 17th year with the company. It's not so bad regular season but if you create the slightest inconvenience during holiday or sale, they[the customers] chew your head off.

What is it about Nordstroms that brings out the worst in people? Rich customers who are stuck up? Customers who don't trust staff? I still don't get what exactly is makes it such a nightmare. Is it really any worse than other department stores?

fortune

Reaction score
Well I think it's the expectation they have of our company. We're a company like any other, with a high level of respect for our customer service, so they expect the best. But when something arises that's out of our control, it's like the end of the ******* world to them. It really is ******* ridiculous.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fortune
Well I think it's the expectation they have of our company. We're a company like any other, with a high level of respect for our customer service, so they expect the best. But when something arises that's out of our control, it's like the end of the ******* world to them. It really is ******* ridiculous.

I thought rich people were supposed to be extra polite.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought rich people were supposed to be extra polite.
Not to "the help" they're not. Or often anyone besides their rich friends. I'm grossly over-generalizing, of course.

doink

Reaction score
While other people thought it was a bad job, I liked it - slopping and cleaning pig pens. Worst part of the job was when we cleaned a neighbour's poultry pens, can still taste it in my mouth.

I've also worked in the greenhouse industry where one summer I had to dig a 10 acre field by hand, picking all of the rocks, roots and weeds out of itas we went along and set the planting beds, that was hell.

My final job was pretty bad, workign for government. Rude, arrogant people, a lack of conviction by sr management and generally being treatred poorly and having a bad work environment.

metroman

Reaction score
Whats the crappiest job you've ever had?

I could say mine was working at walden bookstore back in the early 1990's

I did not know it then but the so called professional manager who hired me really just
hired me because I looked really nice. Yeah he was gay. Sooner than later the normal employees left and he started hiring gay only people and one psycho woman who was
hard core drug taker. She was not only taking these hard core mood stability drugs but also taking on top of those some prozac.

So this put her into a robot kind of mannerism with total lack of emotions and no flucuations in the tone of voice.

It was so bad that even the customers noticed the gay employees and soon the customers changed to mostly gay customers and one early morning I was in that scanning book mode and thanking the customer without looking up.....
After the old ladies from the 9am crowd left a very nice dressed 3 piece suit man walked up and handed me 3 books..... scanned them took the money.... Thank you sir have a nice day.

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!! I am a woman!!!
I looked up I was in shock and stood there like a tree and did not know what to do I was in so much shock.

She demanded an apology and I could not move this never happened to me before.
She left in a huffy attitude and a group of three old ladies came back giggling and mentioned aloud to me , "it's ok sonny! We did not know either!"

My gay manager laughed and I giggled and felt relief and I quit the job right there and then.
lol8[1].gif

To this day I refuse to work with gay people...... Too Emo if you ask me........

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Counting cars, did it once while on a major hangover...The lounging part looked great, but in the rain really isnt..And when the paycheck arrived I couldnt understand why other students did that job, I vowed never to get out of bed for that kind of money...

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Painting houses. 14 hours a day, 6 (sometimes 7) days a week. Getting paid around $4.25 an hour because my boss didn't know how to give a quote. I was a dumbass and wore shorts, so the sunburn on my calves got so bad that I could barely fit my ankles into my boots because they were so swollen.

Whenever I'm pissed at work, I always think, "At least, thank god, I'm not painting houses anymore..." and suddenly I have the best job in the world.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads