• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst Airport in America?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
?

I love CDG - it's a work of art. Always loved getting on these tube elevators since I was a littel kid... ah nostalgia...

Maybe a work of art by Andres Serrano. Exceot for the new Air France terminal (Terminal 3?) which hopefully will no longer collapse, CDG is an awful hellhole with terrible design. Baggage claim areas with no room for passengers (and baggage unloading that unloads priority bags last), choked off passport control areas, and the omnipresent smell of stale cigarette smoke and farts.

However, the fact there is easy RER access (direct to my apartment, in fact) was a major advantage over most American airports.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Maybe a work of art by Andres Serrano. Exceot for the new Air France terminal (Terminal 3?) which hopefully will no longer collapse, CDG is an awful hellhole with terrible design. Baggage claim areas with no room for passengers (and baggage unloading that unloads priority bags last), choked off passport control areas, and the omnipresent smell of stale cigarette smoke and farts.

However, the fact there is easy RER access (direct to my apartment, in fact) was a major advantage over most American airports.

You've described everything that makes the charm of CDG and makes me feel at home when I step off the plane. (except for the RER)

Unfortunately I rarely get the luck of arriving or departing from Terminal 1 any more

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
You've described everything that makes the charm of CDG and makes me feel at home when I step off the plane. (except for the RER)

Yeah, I suppose I get the same masochistic pleasure calling DC home. Sigh.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Newark is the least convenient airport in the known universe.

Not for me and the 5 or 6 million other people that live in Central and North Jersey.

To get to JFK I have to trudge through hours of traffic and ****** roads. To get to Newark, it takes me about 10 minutes, maybe 20 with traffic.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seconded

Originally Posted by hankwx
O'Hare is bad imo...
frown.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't been to CDG in so long I can't comment, but since we're branching out to int'l airports I have to include LHR. It feels like being in one of those hamster tunnel things.

Manton, SFO isn't an uncomfortable place but I've been delayed there so many times I can't even mention it. Probably has as much to do with United as the airport, but whatevs. And it's a total PITA to get from the domestic terminal to the international, and vice versa, though I understand there's a new interlink (finally) that makes it easier.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Since nobody has bashed France in awhile, I will say that, though not domestic, CDG is the worst major airport ever.

CDG is a ******* embarrassment, it should be shut down.Been there three weeks ago,worst airport experience.
For those who complain about US airports,go to CDG.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, by the way, all airports suck. At any given time, I'd rather not be at an airport.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Oh yeah, by the way, all airports suck. At any given time, I'd rather not be at an airport.

Vienna airport (Schwechat) is awesome.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
airport experience is even worse for me than the fear of crashing.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Kona airport is pretty relaxing

2363849863_20a072f4da.jpg

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Vienna airport (Schwechat) is awesome.

I've been. It's still an airport. I've also been to the airport in Amsterdam. It was massive and had a lot of shops 'n ****, but it was still an airport.

And if I'm in Kona, the last place I want to be is at the airport.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate JFK. for me, it like the whole US just doens't quite understand how to make an airport. they should let the guys who designed the munich airport redo all the airports in the US.

with nework - ever notice the whole isse of changing levels at nework? there are always huge lines at the elevators, to go up half a floor. how ******* hard would it have been to put in mechanical ramps or escelators that handle carts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads