• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

tsekh

Reaction score

My #8 1000 mile boots under not too strong sunlight

ohharro

Reaction score
So I have a problem with my Wolverine 1000 boots - the left boot is smaller than my boot. Before anyone asks me if it's actually due to my feet being different sizes (they are), the left boot does measure about a 1/8 inch shorter in length. I believe that's about equal to what's associated with a half size difference.

I will be exchanging these boots, but since I don't have any Wolverine retail stores nearby, I can't try on different pairs to figure out my correct size. The boots I have now are a size 9.5. The little toes on my left foot do push into the outside of the boot when I take a step (in mid-weight socks, like those Costco wool blend ones). I'm not sure if my smaller left boot or my larger right boot is indicative of a true 9.5 size. If it turns out that's it's the smaller left boot, I'll size up.

Here's where I need help. If anyone has the 1K boots in a size 9.5 or 10, could you provide length measurements (rather than the footprint, measuring with the measuring tape flush with the sole will be easier for me)? This will help me out a lot, hopefully requiring me to go through one successful exchange instead of potentially two. Thanks.

Remeny

Reaction score
Here's where I need help. If anyone has the 1K boots in a size 9.5 or 10, could you provide length measurements (rather than the footprint, measuring with the measuring tape flush with the sole will be easier for me)? This will help me out a lot, hopefully requiring me to go through one successful exchange instead of potentially two. Thanks.
I have a size 9.5 and will get the measurements for you when I get home tonight. I wore mine for the first time yesterday and it was a long day which included trick-or-treating with my kiddos, so it was a great way to test the boots. I have to say they are extremely comfortable and great looking boots. As so many have already mentioned, the leather is such great quality. Here's a pic I took real quickly yesterday:

Remeny

Reaction score
Ohharro,

My 9.5 size boot measured 1 foot 2/16 inches and both were just about identical. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Decided to join the club...
Next to my RW Beckman that has been worn 4-5 times and broken in. Color wise: RW is black cherry while the W1K is brown.

RW is 9.5 while the W1K is 9. My normal sizing is 10.
First impression:
Since broken in, the RW is extremely comfortable, yet the W1K (yet to be worn for extended period) appears to be more comfortable right out of the box.
The leather of the W1K is thicker and more supple than the RW. The RW is more rugged and probably can deal with harsher condition.
Both beautiful boots.
Don't plan on wearing either in snowy weather; for that, I have my Sorel and Timberland.
Honestly, if Wolverine can use the same leather and make a LWB priced at the $300-$350 range, they can give Alden and AE a run for the money.

Those are not black cherry; they are 9016, cigar featherstone. There's no red or purple in the tones on my screen.

9016 is so nice; I need a pair.

digga

Reaction score
I oiled these about a week ago... seems to have made the abrasions a bit more noticeable. Anyway, do I need to clean this with anything more than a damp rag and a brush before I snow seal them again for the winter? Also, will the dull spots sorta blend in over time, or do I need to do something to keep the leather from getting gnarred out in those spots?

Thanks!

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A wet rag and a brush should do and yes over time all the abrasions and what not will blend together.

The 10.5 brown 1Ks are still sitting on the shelf in the back room. We'll be open from 8 til 1 tomorrow cause it's deer season. That's a hint.

trophybuck135

Reaction score
Hey guys, Do these boots stretch a little in the toe box area after they are broke in? Does the heel sink in also?

I am either a 10.5 or a 11. The 10.5 feels tight all around but has no heel slippage, and the 11 feels great in the toe box but has quite a bit of heel slippage.

Thanks

milw50717

Reaction score

I am either a 10.5 or a 11.  The 10.5 feels tight all around but has no heel slippage, and the 11 feels great in the toe box but has quite a bit of heel slippage.

Better slightly too large than too small. You can always adjust with thicker socks and/or inner sole and/or heel cup.

JDMFanatic

Reaction score
I know this question has been beat to death, but is there any way to get the plain RUSTS in a size 9.5 on any discount? Will the Co Star Style store in Austin still give me a deal if I call in?

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this pic online. Anyone know if/when the captoe boot on the top row will be released and if so will it be available in North America?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know this question has been beat to death, but is there any way to get the plain RUSTS in a size 9.5 on any discount? Will the Co Star Style store in Austin still give me a deal if I call in?

I've said this about a thousand times. Pick up the phone and call 573-254-3311. We're actually open til 1 or so today because it's deer season.

Found this pic online. Anyone know if/when the captoe boot on the top row will be released and if so will it be available in North America?

Looks like the Rockford and it should be readily available already.

tsekh

Reaction score

I've said this about a thousand times. Pick up the phone and call 573-254-3311. We're actually open til 1 or so today because it's deer season.
Looks like the Rockford and it should be readily available already.

The captoe at the bottom row is the Rockford, but those on the top row are not. They look awesome!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads