• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

htinlinn

Reaction score
Here is a fun exercise. If you were commissioning a linen overshirt, which would you pick from the following colors? (These were the linen options offered at the pop-up event that I attended).

I had picked navy earlier but, now I am wondering if I should switch to purple. Purple looks closer to the color of the ready-to-wear navy linen chore jacket which is about the range of color I would want if not lighter.

For those who have more experience with this kind of thing, do you think the navy here would come out to be lighter at the size of a shirt?

processed-8F4ED89D-0DED-425B-8E60-BA03CB2A9CBB.jpeg

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a fun exercise. If you were commissioning a linen overshirt, which would you pick from the following colors? (These were the linen options offered at the pop-up event that I attended).

I had picked navy earlier but, now I am wondering if I should switch to purple. Purple looks closer to the color of the ready-to-wear navy linen chore jacket which is about the range of color I would want if not lighter.

For those who have more experience with this kind of thing, do you think the navy here would come out to be lighter at the size of a shirt?

View attachment 2176809
Personally I would not do purple. High level of risk it looks much more purple than you expect when made into a full size garment. Colors tend to appear more muted when they're contained to a small swatch

astrobuoy

Reaction score

View attachment 2176809
It says at the bottom that other shades can be dyed on request. I wonder how they’re doing that, and if there’s an additional cost

As far as color, I’ve been thinking about red lately, but I have more neutral lightweight things for the summer already. Although it’s not summerweight, LEJ makes a great vivid red microcord “officer’s” shirt which this seems to be close to

20231214_FINNBENNETT31195%20(1).jpg

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good morning members from the UK.

Just a heads up we have 15% off off site wide on our site for the next week, you can use the code just the once so make sure you get everything you want and only for email subscribers as well. So check us out plenty stock online to get your wardrobe kitted out.

Use code SHOP15 at checkout

Worldwide shipping and taxes collected at checkout so items are delivered DDP

If you need any help just drop me a message here :)
Ethan

tgaith77

Reaction score
Personally I would not do purple. High level of risk it looks much more purple than you expect when made into a full size garment. Colors tend to appear more muted when they're contained to a small swatch
Agreed. What looks to be a manageable amount of purple in that swatch will end up being a lethal overdose of purple in a garment.

htinlinn

Reaction score
It says at the bottom that other shades can be dyed on request. I wonder how they’re doing that, and if there’s an additional cost
I did ask about that. I was told that individual MTO orders do not qualify for custom dye job. You need to buy more than a couple of shirts worth of fabric to do custom colors.

As far as color, I’ve been thinking about red lately, but I have more neutral lightweight things for the summer already. Although it’s not summerweight, LEJ makes a great vivid red microcord “officer’s” shirt which this seems to be close to
That does look great. I’m a fan of LEJ as well. Maybe I’ll go for a more fun color next time around after Navy.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've wanted Paraboot Michaels for awhile, but I'm a US13 and they just don't make my size. When I saw that there was one UK12 of the Parabook x Drake's collab, I rolled the dice. They got held up in customs for ~3 weeks but they just arrived. Great fit, no regrets.

View attachment 2177749 View attachment 2177751
I never understood how something can be so goddamn ugly and so insanely cool at the same time

yungchomsky

Reaction score
I never understood how something can be so goddamn ugly and so insanely cool at the same time
It's a very fine line... a couple of years ago, having determined that Paraboots in my size did not exist, I bought a similar style from another brand. Putting those side by side with these, they're objectively quite close, but subjectively very different. The other ones always gave me vaguely "orthopedic shoe" vibes, whereas I think the Paraboots look cool as hell.

A lot of Drake's stuff is like that — you can get very similar pieces elsewhere, but those often fall subtly short when it comes to the small details in ways that make a big difference to my eye.

triton

Reaction score
Is a US13 an EU46? If so that size is widely available here in Europe at least. I think Paraboot's own webstore goes up to an EU50!

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Is a US13 an EU46? If so that size is widely available here in Europe at least. I think Paraboot's own webstore goes up to an EU50!
My EU sized shoes are 47 😔 Does paraboot sell shoes directly? Their web site just seems to direct me to other retailers.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esmurphy9405