• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Willie5566

Reaction score

I called Revolve and the only other pair they have in my size was returned for similar reasons.  They told me that they can't request another pair for me because they already have a (defective) pair in stock.  They offered to take 10% off of the price I paid if i keep them, which amounts to about $23.  I guess I will call Wolverine and see if they have any suggestions.

I also just noticed that a portion of the finish on the sole is missing, as shown below.  Will this cause the sole to become saturated with water, or is this purely a cosmetic problem?

Horrible service from Revolve IMO. The discount is an ok gesture but it seems like they are just rotating bad merchandise until they can find a sucker to take them. I know another member returned his 3 times before he got a pair he was satisfied. I wonder how many of those boots he received were other peoples returns. Why the hell would the only other boots they have in stock be boots someone else returned???? Shouldn't they get sent back to Wolverine as defective?

digga

Reaction score
wasn't there another company that was price matching Revolve? I seem to recall people getting wider sizes from another store for the same price.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Well we are just finishing the driest June on record. Tomorrow it will be 101 here. So it would make sense that I placed my order for boots and an umbrella to OTF. They will honor the Revolve discount. Hopefully the boot will be flawless. Can't wait to get them even though it looks like I will not be needing an umbrella or boots in the near future.

Dbc0919

Reaction score

1000 Mile with a matching Vibram topy and a fresh coat of MPB.

Willie5566

Reaction score
What should I treat my boots with once they arrive? I know there are a lot different water proofing products out there.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
obenauf`s. I always treat my boots right away after confirming I have the right size, new or not

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Willie5566

Reaction score

obenauf`s. I always treat my boots right away after confirming I have the right size, new or not

Can this be found locally or only on line.?

johnnyhandsome

Reaction score

Nice share!

I actually saw a Wyatt Brogue Chukkah in a light beige on ebay several weeks ago.

That line-up is pretty disappointing, though, IMO. The only remotely interesting ones are the two Filson combinations IMO, esp the Emerson looks pretty nice to me. The rest though... yikes.

I'm curious what the Audrick Brogue will look like. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Watson Oxford because I like the cap toe. I have a pair of the Darbys, and I'm pretty bummed they've been discontinued since mine need to be replaced. The Watsons are probably the next best thing.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1K's in Rust from juancanjura. Highly recommend him as a seller - got both these and my 721LTD's from him.

1. Ovened several minutes @170F on an old empty pizza box to warm-up
2. Applied Sno Seal all over, especially generous along welt per Crane's recommendation
3. Re-ovened several more minutes @170F
4. Wiped down
5. Brushed
6. Wiped
7. Several coats of brown Kiwi on the toe

Can't wait to start wearing. I think I might need to buy more... Addicted to 1k's now...

Just wish I could figure out how to polish up Chromexcel a little more, if possible - anyone know?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads