• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

kit99bar

Reaction score
can a cobbler resole to something similar to the original leather sole?

PS love my pair!
IMG_0670copy.jpg

kit99bar

Reaction score
don't worry about it fitchottie, wear them for a week or so and those bumps will be unnoticeable

Originally Posted by fitchottie
ANy one have any issues with the 1000 boots having bumps on the leather, have only had them for three days bought them at revolve, however they say all the boots will do this.

Ducc

Reaction score
I finally walked into a store and bought the 1000 Mile in brown. I usually wear 13, but the 12 fit much better. I have thin feet, so maybe that's why others are finding 1/2 downsize is best.

I normally wear Sanuks (http://www.sanuk.com/mens-sidewalk-surfers), because I have flat (ish) feet, and every pair of sneakers have hurt my feet. I have never owned a pair of shoes that didn't hurt my feet, which is why when I found the Sanuks, I thought they were miracle shoes. But at some point, I've got to dress like an adult. I've wanted a nice pair of shoes for a long, long time. It's just really hard to pay $320 for something that will likely cause foot pain.

I've been wearing the 1000 Mile for a week now. I live in NYC, and walk about two miles to commute to work, and I'm often on my feet all day. One of the days was raining, but I had applied Montana Pitch-Blend and I didn't appear to get wet feet. It was kinda damp though. I was wearing very thick wool socks. I stepped in all the puddles because it's hard not to when you're wearing boots.

I have one problem. When the boot bends as I take a step, the leather bunches up and pushes on my foot, right behind my big toe. After a mile of that, the top of my toe really hurts. I have to curl my big toe as I walk, to avoid getting hit by the leather. I realize they haven't been broken in, but only the right boot does this; the left boot is just fine. The leather bends slightly differently on the left boot.

Is there anything I can do about this? Does it eventually go away?

REParola

Reaction score
wore them probably every other day or more, sno-sealed them when I got them.
7fwth.jpg
a1BpK.jpg
my apologies for the huge pictures

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by REParola
probably every other day or so, sno-sealed them when I got them.

I wonder if the sno seal deteriorated the welt or something. You could contact Wolverine, or just take them to a good cobbler to have another sole put on.

Since Allen Edmonds makes these, I wonder if they'd be able to help?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on fixes for this or any info on wolverines warranty? I've had them for less than a year. http://flic.kr/p/9rqW1z http://flic.kr/p/9rqVZz Also if anyone can recommend a good site to host images this is a headache
Whoa, what did you do to these? The leather where it's separating on the toe looks really thrashed. Did they get wet regularly?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
I wonder if the sno seal deteriorated the welt or something. You could contact Wolverine, or just take them to a good cobbler to have another sole put on.

Since Allen Edmonds makes these, I wonder if they'd be able to help?

AE makes these? Really?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really regretting not buying a pair of these in black when they were on deep sale 6 months ago.
What was I thinking...

ckadds

Reaction score
E is contracted to do their cordovan work where as the other "made in usa" boots are manufactured at their facilities in michigan.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediahound
I wonder if the sno seal deteriorated the welt or something. You could contact Wolverine, or just take them to a good cobbler to have another sole put on. Since Allen Edmonds makes these, I wonder if they'd be able to help?
AE doesn't make these. Sno seal did not do this. It looks like bad leather or someone forgot to glue the leather. I would contact Wolverine and discuss this with them. I would bet I'm the most abusive wearer of these boots on the site and have not experienced anything like this at all.

norcal_indy

Reaction score
wore them probably every other day or more, sno-sealed them when I got them.

my apologies for the huge pictures

Yeah, call Wolverine and do an RMA. My boots had a defect and Wolverine was very easy to deal with... it took about 4 weeks but they replaced the boots.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
I was under the assumption they were made by Horween?
No. Horween makes the leather that's used.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads