• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
Clown shoes? Nah, these are clown shoes:

clown.jpg

I definitely see the resemblance.

mikeeeey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mercuryman76
Here's a quick shot. These really are comfortable boots right out of the box. The leather is buttery soft and there's no ankle rub that you might find with stiffer boots.

Btw...my coworker practically creamed herself when she saw these in my office yesterday!

DSC00376.jpg

LOOKING GOOD!!!!!

the color is very similar to the RW 9013 Chestnut and I can assure you, it matches denim very well!

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mercuryman76
Here's a quick shot. These really are comfortable boots right out of the box. The leather is buttery soft and there's no ankle rub that you might find with stiffer boots.

Btw...my coworker practically creamed herself when she saw these in my office yesterday!

DSC00376.jpg

Originally Posted by DC Office Hack
Point taken.

You're gonna take the impressed female opinion over the SF sniper opinion, right? They're cool and you like them. Good job.

Nfcj

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum, I need help with the sizing of the 1000 mile boot. I am wearing a US 11D in Red Wing GT, so I do not know which sizes fits me the best (US 10, 10.5 or 11) as people are sizing down a full size/half size (I'm afraid US 11 would be too long/big and 10.5/10 be too small).

A final question, is the Wolverine 1000 mile brown similar to the GT cherry red in terms of color? I am just judging from the photos posted on this thread. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nfcj
Hi, I am new to this forum, I need help with the sizing of the 1000 mile boot. I am wearing a US 11D in Red Wing GT, so I do not know which sizes fits me the best (US 10, 10.5 or 11) as people are sizing down a full size/half size (I'm afraid US 11 would be too long/big and 10.5/10 be too small).

A final question, is the Wolverine 1000 mile brown similar to the GT cherry red in terms of color? I am just judging from the photos posted on this thread. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I checked out both the cherry GT's and the brown 1000 miles, and they only similarity is that they are both a "shade" of brown. There is no red hue to the brown 1k mile boots like there is w/the GT. It's a rough call on sizing. I bought an 8.5 in the Addison but an 8.5 in the GT felt much more snug. The GT felt narrower in my opinion.

fitchottie

Reaction score
Ny one have any issues with the 1000 boots having bumps on the leather, have only had them for three days bought them at revolve, however they say all the boots will do this.
P1000763.jpg

P1000762.jpg

P1000760.jpg

P1000759.jpg

P1000755.jpg

jessetk313

Reaction score
Probably a really dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway, how long do you guys wait before using boot creme on your 1000 Mile boots. I have been wearing mine for about 3 months now and have yet to use any boot creme or anything on my boots. Should I use some and if so what should I use? I don't want to change the color of my boots at all. BTW, I have the 1000 mile boot in Brown Chromexcel.

100 yrs

Reaction score
just dropped off my 1000 miles at the cobbler to get a rubber sole applied. i'll throw up some pics when i get them back.
Originally Posted by jessetk313
Probably a really dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway, how long do you guys wait before using boot creme on your 1000 Mile boots. I have been wearing mine for about 3 months now and have yet to use any boot creme or anything on my boots. Should I use some and if so what should I use? I don't want to change the color of my boots at all. BTW, I have the 1000 mile boot in Brown Chromexcel.
it really comes down to how much abuse they've seen. my cobbler suggested a neutral boot cream for chromexcel, which shouldn't change the color and will add a little bit of a shine, and there are many companies that make it. i'll use neatsfoot oil on mine when the time comes, but that will potentially darken the leather and won't add a shine. i'd also like to offer for anyone with shoe care questions, while there is a wealth of knowledge on styleforum and the internet, a trip to the local cobbler can be very helpful. i'd suggest calling up a store in your area that sells quality shoes and ask them who they recommend as a cobbler. then just stop by and ask questions, and buy what you need. edit: also, fitchottie i wouldn't be too worried about it, i think that would settle down once you break the shoes in.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fitchottie
ANy one have any issues with the 1000 boots having bumps on the leather, have only had them for three days bought them at revolve, however they say all the boots will do this
It's normal wear. My boots are over a year old and have lived a hard life so far. I just had them resoled and cleaned by my cobbler and this is what they look like. Original 1000 Mile Boot Commando Resole 1 by DYSong Photography, on Flickr
Originally Posted by Teflon
smile.gif
Photo%20mars%2018%2C%205%2036%2021%20PM_small.jpg

Oh no, no teasers when the box says 721LTD on it. Let's see the boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads