• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wings+horns F/W 2012

ryosuke

Reaction score
how much can I sell that grey/black varsity jacket for? I have one in XS and I don't wear it enough to justify keeping it. I hardly see it on B&S either.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that with all the outerwear they didn't have anything great this year. But the other stuff I got (enzyme fleece moto sweatpants, henleys, colorblock sweatshirt, black camo bush pants, tapered westpoint twill chinos) is all terrific. I agree that the camo bush pants were the must-have of the collection.

jeannoob

Reaction score

It sucks?

I'm slowly fading out W+H and only buy select sale items/ebay/yoox - looking into buying more made in america products like Taylor Stitch at much more reasonable prices without the "fashunz" mark up. I owned the leather varsity up there, it was nice, but the raglan shoulders looked goofy on. Looking back at all the W+H I've bought I feel kind of underwhelmed, other than the tiger fleeces (but they're just hoodies..) and a few unique fabrics it's all kind of boring. I bought the WH x HR fishtail and that's pretty sweet, but the fit is boxy, which is disappointing.

Really I don't find it that boxy - you can use the drawstrings on the side make it more fitted. I snagged one this year from yoox as I've been looking for a fishtail (even though its not your traditional fishtail) / trench coat / wax outerwear for awhile. For the price I paid I like the piece. Just enough room to layer a chunky knit underneath and seems to do a pretty good job of keeping out the rain / wind

I love the fishtail parka. It's been my go-to jacket this winter and to be honest I actually kind of like the boxy fit around the shoulders. The only thing qualm I have is that the bottom seems to flare out, and if I tighten it up with the drawstrings, the bunched up fabric looks weird. Other than that, it's warm, durable, and crafted well :)

d0105950

Reaction score
how much can I sell that grey/black varsity jacket for? I have one in XS and I don't wear it enough to justify keeping it. I hardly see it on B&S either.
How much did you buy it for? Honestly, I'd be interested in buying it.

MonsieurLock

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel I'm more interested in F/W from W+H than I'am their S/S stuff. The FW Large Loop hoodie and tiger fleece are my favorite hoodies, Which I'd take over their S/S Hoodies. Like someone said the sweatpants were great for about 4 months, then they just sagged like a ma ******! looking like I got a load of doo doo in my pants, and plus I would have to walk with my hands in my pockets, pulling the pockets to the side of my leg, so my junk wasn't outlined so perfectly. LOL. The only thing left to get from this past FW season is the camo jacquard bush pant.

Has anyone seen any looks coming next FW?

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel I'm more interested in F/W from W+H than I'am their S/S stuff. The FW Large Loop hoodie and tiger fleece are my favorite hoodies, Which I'd take over their S/S Hoodies. Like someone said the sweatpants were great for about 4 months, then they just sagged like a ma ******! looking like I got a load of doo doo in my pants, and plus I would have to walk with my hands in my pockets, pulling the pockets to the side of my leg, so my junk wasn't outlined so perfectly. LOL. The only thing left to get from this past FW season is the camo jacquard bush pant.

Has anyone seen any looks coming next FW?
better hurry up on those bush pants!

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I agree, I feel that the current w+h stuff has been kind of lazy in their design. There hasn't been any stand-out pieces, and honestly I miss those classic military designs. I for one especially loved that mk2 wool field jacket from 09 and that 25oz mackinaw jacket from 08. They should definitely look into the past and bring something like that back on the table.

I'm still rocking that Mackinaw 3 seasons in and 1 more almost done.
Still looking good...!

willrh1

Reaction score
No more f/w hoodies in medium on their site, anybody know a place that still has some in stock?

Sym

Reaction score

I think that Varsity, the Foul Weather Bomber and the Wool Field Jacket are the best outerwear they've ever produced.

The MK2 Field Jacket is the only W+H piece I ever regret passing on.

Still rocking my Navy/Brown Varsity with pride and still get a **** ton of compliments on it :thumbs-up:

leeba

Reaction score
I wish they would just put out a pimped out version of a classic peacoat with nice details (maybe a slightly different classic yet technical collar, tasteful leather trim, flannel/blanket lining, sexy buttons, etc). They can go wild with the pockets or whatever because that seems to be a W+H 'thing' but no ribbed collar or leather sleeves please...

Last edited:

Brinbro

Reaction score
Yeah, their oxfords have gained an entire size across the seasons...I have to size down now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads