• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Gaillimh Abu

Reaction score
Something i noticed about the wine overdye that has thrown me off a bit. The very last button seems too high, the
shirt seems to split open here and if your wearing low rise jeans it may look funny as in you can see your gut.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Hey Slack,

I saw the wine overdye button down at American Rag in LA in a small and they take phone orders... Wasn't really too fond of the shirt or the color to be honest with you but I'm sure you would be able to make it work better than I can.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

edit; I picked up the overdye BD in wine from Brigade with the 15% new customer code

Last edited:

Feji

Reaction score

Something i noticed about the wine overdye that has thrown me off a bit. The very last button seems too high, the
shirt seems to split open here and if your wearing low rise jeans it may look funny as in you can see your gut.

That's not the only thing. I grabbed both the blue and black one, and they were different fabrics. The black one was extremely thin and lightweight, while the blue was more like a standard gitman shirt. I decided to keep the blue while sending back the black.

dsoren

Reaction score
For anyone in the Boston area, The Tannery got their first shipment today at the Cambridge store. Cargo joggers, sweatpants, crew-neck sweatshirts, cardigans, sweaters, west point chinos, a couple of button downs...a couple of things that I haven't even seen online yet. This was just their first shipment...apparently they also have three denim styles on the way and some henleys etc. Basically everything but footwear.

It's just at the Cambridge store for fall, will be in the Boston store on Boylston for Spring...

nycxandy

Reaction score
For those who have the west point chinos in olive, which retailer's pictures best represent its color? I hope that they're more green than brown (i.e., closer to Haven than RG).

Acrimony, Four Horsemen, Haven, or Roden Gray

Also, are these MIC (per Acrimony, 4H, and Haven) or MIJ (per RG)?

Thanks!

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11.jpg

Tug-Life

DCU

Reaction score
Apparently Wings + Horns just did a boxing-inspired collaboration with Ace Hotel NYC and Beams. To be honest, I'm not liking it at all. It's available at Roden Gray for those who are interested.

112.jpg

32.jpg

72.jpg

52.jpg

221.jpg

201.jpg

25.jpg

24.jpg

192.jpg

153.jpg

132.jpg

171.jpg

113.jpg

92.jpg

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More infos here: http://www.wingsandhorns.com/2011/09/16/wings-horns-x-ace-hotel-x-beams-gallery/#more-519

At first glance, I really liked the hoody. But alas, I already have one of those jersey/terry hoodies ($60 sample sale steez) so I would have trouble justifying the cost on this version. Not to mention the quality on my hoody isn't all that good either.

edit: on that note, does anyone know if we're done for hoodies this season? Or is there anything else coming out?

Last edited:

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edit: on that note, does anyone know if we're done for hoodies this season? Or is there anything else coming out?

yeah im still waiting on that too. so far nothing has some close to ss11's indigo hoodie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads