1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. pockets96

pockets96 Well-Known Member

The navy wool mac looks like the truth.

2. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Well-Known Member

I despise whoever bought the sz 28 corded pant in charcoal from RG. Can anyone let me know if there is a sz 28 anywhere else online yet?

3. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Well-Known Member

I would do a lot of unspeakable things for some of these pieces...

4. DCU

DCU Well-Known Member

I definitely wasn't expecting the melton wool mac coat to be priced the same as the Heritage Research stuff.

Also, Acrimony and Four Horsemen have a zip-front flannel shirt which might be a lighter alternative to the brushed wool plaid shirt.

5. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Finally, a fit pic of the bomber and fishtail @ acrimony.

Maybe with good reason, don't really like the look of the collar folded up, zipped, and unpopped. If you unfold it, it's rather large.

The zip flannel looks like its a zipper and buttons up the front?

6. DCU

DCU Well-Known Member

The zip-front flannel shirt does have both zipper (RiRi) and buttons. There's also a blue colorway (as seen in the lookbook) which I like better.

7. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

Zip flannels fabric patterns are really ugly this season...

8. Feji

Feji Well-Known Member

Acrimony has the rest of their second shipment up it seems. Corded cloth pants in 28!

9. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Well-Known Member

I really wanted to like the raw denim, but the fit is not for me. I tried TTS in the straight fit, but it was already skin tight over my calves and a little roomy in the top block. Shame, really. The denim is also lighter in weight than I expected.

10. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

Whoever is making their patterns for their pants, across the board, is doing a terrible job. I really hope W+H takes a look in their upcoming seasons to address it... if they were paying attention they would have already, it's not a new sentiment.

11. 13k

13k Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience. 32 (my natural waist size) was not exactly painted on but it was tight. I'd expect them to stretch a bit and loosen up as they are raw denim. I would have picked up the straights in a 31 if they had them there, but no stock left.

I got to see the olive fishtail parka in person today as well. The thing is beastly to say the least, pretty damn hefty for a parka. Quite laughable as they were selling it in LA. I don't know how many wears I could get out of that coat if I owned such a coat out here. Regardless, the piece is really nice, substantial, and has a high quality feel to it... but damn pricey :brick:

12. Mossy

Mossy Well-Known Member

I bought the camo pants today. They aren''t really any more substantial than the regular chinos. I never tried on the ss11 bush pants so I can't really compare. I think sizing up 1 from w+h chino size is probably a good rule of thumb, though for me I'm a 31 in both (I wear my chinos a bit looser than most ppl I suppose). btw they are awesome. Pretty unique and the fit is spot on imo.

I tried on the cords too. They are nice, fit is pretty similar to to the chinos. Apparently they are a bit less slim than the fw11 cords.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  13. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Does anybody else feel like the Acrimony model doesn't exactly do the best job of modeling W+H?

[​IMG]

I really hope the straight fits that I ordered don't end up looking like this on me.

14. ALEN003

ALEN003 Well-Known Member

^ looks like one leg is longer than the other and his hip is fucked up. You should be good.

15. Feji

Feji Well-Known Member

They can't alter them, and the model is prob 5'8" ish...making a 34" inseam look weird with the crazy stacking.

16. Left Eye

Left Eye Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting what you guys are saying, I just picked up the raw straight denim and went with my tts and it fits perfect on me. I guess it's just me. I actually like these denim more than the RRL denim :embar:

17. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

I think the straights fit more like a slim fit from other brands, I'd get them sized down 1, but I'd want to try that on first.

The slims are too skinny for me, and I like skinny/tapered jeans. This is from someone who used to wear petit standard sized down 2.

18. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

If anyone sees a wine henley in size small, or wants to get rid of theirs, pm me. I've been looking for it pretty much since they sold out a month ago. I can't believe they made such a small quantity of them.

19. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Well-Known Member

The acrimony model is 5'10'' and a size 30 pant size FYI.

20. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Quick question - did anyone find themselves sizing down on the basic long sleeve from delivery 1? I'm a true large but the one I bought (in a size L) fits like a parachute on me.