• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2010

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Featured in GQ as one of the more coveted fall items, the W+H Down Vest has an attractive wool exterior making this piece great for layering. Made in Japan.

that was what was in the e-mail i don't know how to give you the exact e-mail. its not hard to get on context mailing list but i think you wouldn't see it anyhow because the e-mail has already been sent.

i don't mind that its made in china. it just took it off the insta kop list don't really want to drop $500 for made in china.

Thanks for posting the information. It does appear to be an honest mistake. But who knows really. I know the Made in China is apparently a tough pill to swallow for a lot of folks, but I would dig in a little more before knocking it off your cop list. A few pages back someone made some pretty compelling points for the down manufacturing being sourced to China.

And for what it's worth, there is a Made in Canada down vest in Charcoal that may be going for under $185 USD on eBay (warning, ending soon): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

ashenwreck

Reaction score
Noticed the error in that Context email, as well. I'm sure it was just an oversight and nothing intentional on their part.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the loop terry hoody from a local shop. It is not as warm as the Tiger Fleece. It sheds some, even after a wash. Because the fabric is more stretchy it fits me where as a TF does not stretch at all and won't fit me.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
I'm really digging the wool chino's but I'm a tad scared that they won't fit as slim as I'd like them to, this is also including the fact that I don't want to risk spending three bils on them as well. Anybody own a pair that can give some advice on these bad boys?

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
edit #2; Thank you to BRINBRO. Good lookin' out on the Reigning Champ sweats at Haven. Got me a pair of oatmeals - and yes - CHEAPER! Haven said the RC sweats still fit slim like the W+H's did, but not quite as slim. Being they cinch in the waist and leg, I decided to stick with a medium as I did with the W+H's, which were a perfect fit. Sweats can stand to fit a little baggy, in my opinion. As long as you're not walking on them. And these have short inseams, which I was pleased to see. Also looks like a huge jump between small/medium up to a large/XL....if I was reading that sizing chart correctly. So it's almost like "you're small", or "you're big" with what I read into it.

Hey Slack, thanks for the info.

Can you post fit pics of the sweat pants?
Is oatmeal very light or darker?
I'm hesitant to spend 100$ on sweat pants.

I'm also usually a medium with a 32" waist, 24" thigh and 16" knee.
How would it fit?

Thanks.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
Hey Slack, thanks for the info.

Can you post fit pics of the sweat pants?
Is oatmeal very light or darker?
I'm hesitant to spend 100$ on sweat pants.

I'm also usually a medium with a 32" waist, 24" thigh and 16" knee.
How would it fit?

Thanks.

They actually shipped yesterday and I imagine it will probably take about 1.5 weeks to reach me in the US. I will though post some fit pics when I receive them. I already feel like I should have ordered a small. But we'll see. The W+H mediums fit me fine, at least.

As far as the oatmeal color, I saw a few more pictures online, and it is extremely neutral in color. Almost identical (if not completely identical) to the W+H Oatmeals from last year (note this is a stock RG picture, not me - just to show the WH oatmeal fabric and color):

WH_0051.jpg

So if you're looking for an accurate color representation I would just look at the Google images of those sweats in the various lighting's available. In the photos of the RC's they almost look a bit smoother, like more polyester in the blend than the W/H versions, but they're still described as the "Recycled Fleece" material. They are 75% cotton and 25% polyester in RC.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/005...jpg?1287379742

On Roden they still have one pair of the WH sweat shorts and they are described as 100% cotton. So that explains the smoothness factor on the RC's. The drawstrings on the waist line and ankles appear to be the exact same, hopefully another inch or two in length (can't find the ;pray; icon).

The sizing to me seems funky: http://www.havenshop.ca/collections/...atpant-oatmeal -- those smalls seem really small per that sizing chart. Even measured with them in an elastic waist, un-stretched, I believe that is reading something like a 26" waist and a 27" inseam (I could be wrong, someone let me know if so, please). And then the medium is just slightly larger. But then there is a major jump in the size when you go from a M to a L. I like the concept as a small guy (having two small size options), but again, just not sure I'm reading that right.

This was sizing info from Haven:

Thanks for the inquiry. Reigning Champ does not fit quite as slim as W+H. However if you are a medium in W+H you will probably fit the same size in RC. Hope that helps. If you have any other questions please ask. Thanks.

Best regards,
Sorry to digress away from WH...

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think it's related and I appreciate the reply.

i'm looking for a more grayish color, so that answers the question.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Thanks for posting the information. It does appear to be an honest mistake. But who knows really. I know the Made in China is apparently a tough pill to swallow for a lot of folks, but I would dig in a little more before knocking it off your cop list. A few pages back someone made some pretty compelling points for the down manufacturing being sourced to China.

I dont think MIC is really the problem here, the problem is MIC @ same retail price, or higher, than previous versions that were not MIC.

Gmas

Reaction score
Regarding the RC sweat pants, I've tried them on and to me they fit quite slim. For reference I'm 6' and about 190 lbs. In RC hoodies I take a medium. I tried a large on in the pants and they fit, but they were pretty slim. I'd probably grab an XL in the sweats if I were to grab them as I like them to fit a little looser.

As for colour, the images on Haven aren't very representative. Both are a fair bit lighter than the pics and actually fairly close to each other in person - one is like a blue heather and the other a grey.

I think the sizing on Haven must be off as well. The XL's definitely weren't a 44 waist. I wear size 33 jeans and even without cinching the drawstring, these stayed up on me.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^

im like 10-15 lbs less then you, and maybe an inch shorter...do you advise a L or a M? i tend to agree with you on having a somewhat "looser" fit on the sweats. but not like octomom loose...!

thanks SLACK for the link!

skyline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gmas
I think the sizing on Haven must be off as well. The XL's definitely weren't a 44 waist. I wear size 33 jeans and even without cinching the drawstring, these stayed up on me.
I believe the measurement is in centimeters, but thanks for the input looking to pick up a pair of RC sweats myself.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elexzar