• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why don't people at SF like Hugo Boss?

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar

Hugo Boss suits are overpriced but they're still great for students and first work suits.

There. These are the words I was looking for in all my ramblings in this thread.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Congrats, good buy at that price. Fact is, if the cut suits you well, they look good, the fabric is most often pretty ****** but dressed up well and looks good for its expected life span. At 335 bucks, who cares if you have to throw a shoulder strap over it while you hurry through the airport etc etc. At 1k it is a waste of cash, but at 300, it is decent buy. Wear it well.
Originally Posted by jacnyr
I purchased a Hugo Boss suit last month at the Nordstrum Rack, it was a $1000 suit I got for the price of $335. The suit fits me great, it looks great. I have received many compliments from the lady's. No, it is not the greatest suit made but; with someone with a 10" drop, I must sometimes go for the fit and looks. I guess as long as I don't stand in the pouring rain, the suit should hold up well.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would meet with clients wearing a loincloth before I wear Hugo Boss.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
I would meet with clients wearing a loincloth before I wear Hugo Boss.

Do you work in the garment trade?
How many of your clients would even notice the difference?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan, but.......

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only item of Hugo Boss apparel I own is a pair of slacks I got at Nordstrom's sale. I hope this won't get me banned, but frankly, they seem just fine to me. I've worn them quite often. they look good, and I just don't have a problem. I'm sure they were overpriced at full retail, but then I'd say that of most RTW "dress" clothing.

Bentley

Reaction score
I went shopping for a sports jacket today at Harry Rosen and had a look at the Hugo Boss products. It seemed like none of their jackets were made of purely natural fibres like wool, cotton, or linen. They all contained polyester, rayon, etc.

I was disappointed by this. However, it seemed like many of the other big name designer brands were no different (eg. Armani).

The only sports coats that seemed consistently made from high quality fabric were Canelli...but this takes one into a whole other price sphere.

grrrr
mad.gif

zerostyle

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an older thread, but I'm looking for some advice.

After trying on several brands of suits, I actually found that the Hugo Boss 38R fit me the best, mostly because it was the slimmest.

What other suits in the < $500 range are as slim as Hugo Boss?

Brands I tried on:
Hickey Freeman - too big in chest and shoulders
Hart Schaeffer Marx - too big on me, especially in shoulders
Canali - not too bad, just a touch big on me
Joseph Aboud - huge all around - was swimming in this
Alfani Red slim fit - fit very nicely, but arms/shoulders would dimple badly
Hugo Boss - great fit, shoulders maybe just a touch large

Really though, I'd like to avoid a fused suit if possible. What else fits similarly?

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Sorry to bump an older thread, but I'm looking for some advice.

After trying on several brands of suits, I actually found that the Hugo Boss 38R fit me the best, mostly because it was the slimmest.

What other suits in the < $500 range are as slim as Hugo Boss?

Brands I tried on:
Hickey Freeman - too big in chest and shoulders
Hart Schaeffer Marx - too big on me, especially in shoulders
Canali - not too bad, just a touch big on me
Joseph Aboud - huge all around - was swimming in this
Alfani Red slim fit - fit very nicely, but arms/shoulders would dimple badly
Hugo Boss - great fit, shoulders maybe just a touch large

Really though, I'd like to avoid a fused suit if possible. What else fits similarly?

If you have gone through the entire thread, you'll see that most of the people would agree you buying Hugo Boss if it is on deep discount. Personally, I would agree with them because Hugo Boss may consider to be fashionable piece of clothing, but why not invest in the suits if they made you look good?

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KATY-PERRY-LETTERMAN.jpg

Drudged

Reaction score
Both Red and Black labels by Hugo Boss are not worth anything near retail, as has been stated many times. They do range in fabric quality, however, as I have seen some get up to the super 130's.

Hugo Boss Selection on the other hand is in a much different league. It is normally canvassed, cut similarly to RLBL, and uses quality fabrics. I stopped by a Hugo Boss outlet a few weeks ago and picked up a navy three piece, single breasted, peak lapel, super 150's Boss Selection suit for ~$400. I sell Hugo Boss Red/Black label suits and always avoid them for myself, however my instinctual aversion to Boss was quelled somewhat by the Selection line.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Where can you find discounted boss suits? I live in vancouver and I don't know of any places nearby, I wouldn't mind paying $400 for a super 150's navy suit

ny2dc

Reaction score
After reading through this thread it makes me feel as if I'm dirty for wearing the Hugo Boss suit I purchased last year (on sale for half off).

Anyhow, I'm in the market for a navy work suit in the $500 or less range as well. The Hugo fits me well but if I was looking for quality and fit at this price point, what would you guys suggest?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads