• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is this male model in the Jan. '07 GQ?

Tiranis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
That only depends on the size of his piggy bank.

Technically you would only need one nickel though...
plain.gif

ts4them

Reaction score
You might want to try contacting the guy from Confessions Of a Casting Director, he's up on most of the models. That guy's cute, but my favorite is still Julien Hedquist, followed by Kelly Rippy (who lives in my hood).

http://coacd.blogspot.com/

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good god man, don't you know we only post pics of hot asian women here? :p
You can imagine my horror as I scrolled through the pictures of women to be greeted by some guy's ass crack.
eek.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I asked for you over at thefashionspot. I'll let you know if I get info.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The model in question, according to someone over at TFS, is Joshua Walter.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
what an attitude they cop. I enjoy fasion, but many of those who cultivate it seem so damn elitist and snobby. Having a style (as opposed to following fasion) seems so much more democratic.
Eh, whatever. I wouldn't want to join a club or forum that would have me as a member anyway. ('cept the steez).

kinglear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
The model in question, according to someone over at TFS, is Joshua Walter.

THANK YOU!! I searched a little for some pics and I think that has to be him. I wouldn't even have had to ask if magazines just put the model's name. I mean, DAMN, is it too much to ask for?
confused.gif
thanks again.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what an attitude they cop.

I enjoy fasion, but many of those who cultivate it seem so damn elitist and snobby.

Having a style (as opposed to following fasion) seems so much more democratic.

I think that the reason they did this wasn't due to snobbery. Rather, I'm guessing it was because in the past year or two there came a huge influx of members who were mostly about 15 years old and quickly racked up 1500 posts in about a month that had nothing to do with anything. Originally, TFS was a place with lots of industry insiders and people who worked directly with or were close to the fashion industry.

But, that started to change. For example, let's say the discussion was about Marc Jacobs and the controversy over his admission of having nothing to do with his menswear. Suddenly, there would be fifteen posts that said, "hi i luv Mark Jakobs he's so cool do you like him too by the way where can i buy gucci bags there so kool too."

This got old REALLY fast and turned off lots of the older members, many of whom stopped posting (in fact, one of them started a new forum entirely to try and get back to the "old days" of TFS).

kinglear

Reaction score
I've decided that the model I'm asking about is not Joshua Walter. Their faces are different. I'm pretty sure. Thanks though for trying. I decided to just email the photographer, which I didn't think to do before. DUH! haha
tounge.gif

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say, I have a variety of intrests (ever changing really), and I find that often message boards and forums are the best sources of information about stuff, so I've joined a few.
I try to keep my distance and not get to involved with internet sites, just because I know people who are, almost literaly addicted to them (I had a physics TA who said he spent 8 hours a day on a physics forum).
Still, the weird subcultures the cultivate, the ways in which people act, it fascinates me.
It's an area that is ripe for some good psychology/sociaolgy study.

forget spelling.

kinglear

Reaction score
I have to say, I have a variety of intrests (ever changing really), and I find that often message boards and forums are the best sources of information about stuff, so I've joined a few.
I try to keep my distance and not get to involved with internet sites, just because I know people who are, almost literaly addicted to them (I had a physics TA who said he spent 8 hours a day on a physics forum).
Still, the weird subcultures the cultivate, the ways in which people act, it fascinates me.
It's an area that is ripe for some good psychology/sociaolgy study.

forget spelling.

Well welcome to the forum then. I agree that you can get a lot of answers to questions on forums than you would anywhere else. I'm an aspiring journalist so it's good to have sources of information. It's funny that you chose to post that in my thread. I feel honored.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
smile.gif

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, I think it's also (as kinda stated in that article) that you rarely (if ever) find people in real life with AS similar tastes and intrests as you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xlagane