• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is the best dressed/ best groomed athlete?

Style guy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I watch a lot of sports, and have always wondered who the best dressed/ best groomed athletes were. My vote goes to Alex Rodrigues of the NYY. My second vote goes to Tiger Woods. Females: Anna Kournikova
smile.gif

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't think of any athlete that is well dressed in terms of what anyone on this board would consider "well dressed." Besides athletes don't wear clothes well due to their abnormal physiques, so most won't even look good in nice clothes.

If I had to choose, actually this guy does dress well, is that golfer who is dressed by J. Lindenburg.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone but Dion Sanders.

I think that Michael Jordan always seems to look good.

Maria Sharapova certainly dresses well. (oops, forgot this is a MEN's style forum.)

PHV

Reaction score
Anyone but Dion Sanders.

I think that Michael Jordan always seems to look good.

Maria Sharapova certainly dresses well.  (oops, forgot this is a MEN's style forum.)
Jordan's a Brinoni man if I remember correctly... he love's wearing suits.

tdial

Reaction score
Not athletes, but I always take notice of what the ESPN anchors are wearing. I wouldn't say any of them dress well, but some are pretty funny. Harold Reynolds goes from pretty well dressed to absolutely ridiculous. Stewart Scott has a suit he wears that has very angled lapels without notches in them that looks very weird and horrible. He also wears several 4 button suits and I even saw him doing some shot on location where he had a 5 or 6 button suit. Ridiculous.

Actually, if you watch Real Sports on HBO, Bryant Gumbel, while being not very likeable, dresses quite well in a conservative way. His suits are very nice and fit him very well. Don't know who makes them, but they're nice.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
many pro soccer players are dandies and dress impeccably well. some are professional models as well, including david beckham, paolo maldini, and francesco coco.

tjmaglio

Reaction score
My vote goes to Beckham though I hear Djibril Cisse is a sharp dresser too.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Thierry Henry dresses well (soccer player). As a whole, I think that hockey or soccer players are the best dressed. That isn't saying much.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Kai @ 02 Oct. 2004, 2:55) Anyone but Dion Sanders. I think that Michael Jordan always seems to look good. Maria Sharapova certainly dresses well. Â (oops, forgot this is a MEN's style forum.)
Jordan's a Brinoni man if I remember correctly... he love's wearing suits.
Jordan wears Brinoni? I highly doubt it. Anyways .. the best male athelte dresser has to be Dave Beckhem ..

@riss

Reaction score
The soccer players do dress the best. Though I would put Freddie Ljungberg ahead of Beckham. Beckham wears sarongs from time to time and is hailed a genius for wearing Sean John sweatsuits with diamond necklaces, as if he's being original.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Tiger, he could wear a rack suit from TJ Maxx and it would probably look good on him, he has a very fit yet trim athletic build, and as my wife says, clothes just fall nice on him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads