• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White linen French cuff shirt

arvi

Reaction score
i recently bought a cream/tan linen with french cuffs from ben silver..i haven't worn it yet so don't know if it will look awkward with lightweight summer suits and ties

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I haven't seen one MTM, but I have one bespoke. It isn't pure linen, it is a 70/30 blend.  Not the double french cuff, but a single cuff.
Yes, I've been imagining a shirt just like that of late, linen but with a single cuff.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Speaking of formality, linen and Ben Silver, this looks nice. Is that a single cuff?
No, it's double. I ordered one from them years ago. It didn't fit, so I sent it back for a full refund. Terrific customer service, I must say. It would have made a nice summer formal shirt, I think. Sigh.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to your question:

Zegna had a fabric last spring: 55% cotton/45% linen. It has some of the texture of linen but less of its wrinkle, more of the drape of cotton. You might try a MTM French cuff in that? But isnt the overall effect of French cuff, what with the cuff links and all, demanding of a smoothly finished fabric?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have two white linen french cuff shirts. Frankly, I don't wear them often, and they were more of an experement that didn't take than anything else.

SmartDresser

Reaction score
I find french cuffs hotter (two layers as opposed to one) and don't like to wear them in the summer.  I have only one linen shirt, and it has barrel cuffs.  I hardly ever wear it, because it is a bear to clean.
And winkels like crazy.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
But if you're wearing with a linen jacket and maybe a linen tie, who cares?

cremieuxdaniel

Reaction score
A French cuff linen shirt is elegant, I have two (2) Ike behar white French cuff 100% linen shirts. French cuff linen look awesome and elegant with a linen suit and tie or just a sports jacket. Each time I wear my french cuff linen shirts I get tons of compliments and am asked where to purchase. A linen suit or sport coat w/a French cuff linen shirt is a sign of good character, style and taste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads