• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which brand of clothing do you personally hate the most with a passion?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if for me it'd be as much picking out a specific brand as opposed to people who will only go head-to-toe in a single one. Off the top of my head, my wife was looking at a blog the other day about some woman who worships Anthropology. I have mixed feelings on the brand itself (besides the fact that everything in the store looks like it was made by poor grandmothers). It can be a decent look, but most of the women I see sporting that sort of chic are of the obese-sort with no sense of shape or color. I mean, obnoxious colored leggings going into saddle-shoe/ankle-boot combos, skirts that poof out like you're at a freaking quinceañera, followed up by the typical crap cardigan. Note - insert cheap-looking fake flowers somewhere, either in the hair or attached to the cardigan itself. I'm actually going to find this blog and post it here, just to demonstrate. Here's a similar one. Effortless Anthropologie These fuggly women, spending hours in fitting rooms, uploading every photo to the web to highlight their "favorite brand(!!!! *giggle*). Makes me want to break something. Admittedly, still probably better than that standard white-trashy uni-color pajama jumpsuit with Uggs, but this has been bothering me for a while, and I'm so glad to finally have a thread to vent.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Ah yes - don't get me wrong. There are some decent things coming out of it, and can be pretty good-looking on the right type of girl. More often than not though, I see it resulting in combinations like the link above. I think I could just as easily transfer hate onto those male Jcrew-whores... (*ahem - cue Robert) AHA! - found the original blog I intended: Anthroholic: One Girl's Love Affair Example of good:
ootdsshaw-9.jpg
Example of not:
ootdbrianna-11.jpg
ootdjess-10.jpg
ootdandriea-1.jpg

sidamo

Reaction score
I find Hollister and American Eagle very annoying. I hate clothes with large branding, and sports numbers like a henley with a big jersey print #76

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
*hides in kunk-proof shelter*
youz haz problem, there is no shelter that can hold THE KUNK back
ffffuuuu.gif

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have around 15 or so AE button downs: they fit well, have minimal branding, and with the average price being $10-$15 I really can not complain. Usually the only branding is the eagle on the left chest pocket, which takes 5 minutes to remove. They actually fit me better than any "designer" brand.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shoreman has been in rare form the last several days.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
This was quite a few years back, but I was grew up in Newark and NYC. Sean John, Roccawear, Encye, Girbaud w/velcro straps, etc. had flooded the streets. Every drug dealer on every corner in Newark had a pair of the Girbaud jeans w/velcro straps in the color that matched his oversize Sean John shirt. This was around 10 years ago and before any of the brands found their way inside Macys, TJmax, etc.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
and can be pretty good-looking on the right type of girl.

Example of good:

(Slim, potentially attractive girls)

Example of not:

(Teh fattiez)

ftfy. Not that I disagree, really.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
^^ Ah yes - don't get me wrong. There are some decent things coming out of it, and can be pretty good-looking on the right type of girl.

More often than not though, I see it resulting in combinations like the link above. I think I could just as easily transfer hate onto those male Jcrew-whores... (*ahem - cue Robert)

AHA! - found the original blog I intended: Anthroholic: One Girl's Love Affair

Example of good:
ootdsshaw-9.jpg

Example of not:
ootdbrianna-11.jpg

ootdjess-10.jpg

ootdandriea-1.jpg

So basically no fat chicks.

Besides all the brands that are just hated by everyone here, I'd say Ervell and Schneider.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
I can't believe there are people who hate something as superficial as clothing enough that it ruins their day.
Have you forgotten where you're posting?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
ftfy. Not that I disagree, really.
Originally Posted by bananananana
So basically no fat chicks..
I guess the style's popularity among overweight women helps constitute a distaste for it. Like tats on women in general. If you are more hefty, can dress in Anthro, and not look like a flaming reject from a 1920's Noir, then all power to you. Ex - Contrast this:
ootdchantilly-3.jpg
With this:
ootdjenn-7.jpg
Photography skills aside. But anyways...

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well put

btw yall need to get yaselves checked; trashy hot chicks (tr, juicy, etc.) always get a pass in my book

http://www.viceland.com/int/dd.php?id=479

i would phrase it differently but u get the idea

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads