• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to meet intelligent women in Toronto?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
cos we are pigeonholing women into four broad categories to make it easier for people in a city of like 3 million to believe there aren't any attractive smart chicks in the whole place.

1. smart
2. hippy
3. moron
4. ugly

Just to be clear, I never said that either. I said that every one i've seen has a damned ring on her finger.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
TomGirl's coming to TO might be a good enough reason to organize a good local meetup... any interest?

T.G. PM if you have any questions about settling into the city and/or want to meet up for coffee or whatever. I've also moved somewhere new and had to set things.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Where to meet intelligent women in Toronto?

The airport.
rimshot.gif

closetmess

Reaction score
Does anyone here actually live in Toronto? It's amazing socially and puts 95% of American cities to shame on availability of boutique shopping and prevalence of beautiful women. If you live here and disagree, well then, sirs, you aren't living in the same city I am.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Superfluous Man
People who desire to meet "intelligent" people are generally social outcasts.

Their female counter-parts may be the same, and with both staying home, they'll never meet.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
cos we are pigeonholing women into four broad categories to make it easier for people in a city of like 3 million to believe there aren't any attractive smart chicks in the whole place.

1. smart
2. hippy
3. moron
4. ugly

sorry sorry sorry...there is a fifth category....'stuck up'

But isn't stuck up just what guys say when they are pissed that women overlook them....in which case shouldn't the question be (which is kind of what I was getting at above) 'what makes me the kind of guy that gets overlooked?'

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where to meet them in Toronto is -anywhere; everywhere.
How to meet them, is by sharing thoughts on religion, politics, pain & suffering, then food & art.
Don't pontificate, but ask her views on such things to learn about her, whoever she is.
Intelligent women are not afraid of these topics, even when you meet them for the first time.
Places can include book stores, museum, art gallery, library, hotels, convention centres, historical buildings and landmarks, city tours, Toronto Symphony (get rush seats), just to name a few;
anywhere condusive to a sustained conversation.
The problem is that getting into deep meaningful conversation will turn off 95% of women you are trying to pursue romantically, but even with those odds, it's worth trying for because if you meet one out of that minority 5%, you've struck gold.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
so wait...you should walk up to random women 'anywhere and everywhere' and then ask them for their opinion on waterboarding muslims?

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread is a grab-bag of hilarity. Bunch of self-absorbed misogynists in their early 20s complaining about not being able to find lingerie model med students who talk about Jacques Tati and want to slobber their nuts from the word go. Life must be tough when your only romantic frames of reference are Wes Anderson movies and Appreciation.

Originally Posted by GQgeek
The thing I'm noticing is that every attractive girl I see has a ring on her finger. Women seem to get married YOUNG here.
This is a Canadian thing, not a Toronto thing (Quebec possibly excepted). There is a very strong current of religious traditionalism in a lot of families there; many women believe strongly in getting married as an essential part of a relationship, and will leave a guy who doesn't show any interest in starting a family. Men compensate by "locking in" a relationship early.

Originally Posted by tomgirl
I've never really been crazy about Vancouver for some reason. It could be because any and every hipster I've ever met has migrated there, but who knows. I also like being closer to NYC.
rofl @ moving to Toronto (and closer to NY!) to get away from hipsters. Geography fail.
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Maybe you're just not that bright or interesting?

Did you want to be an IT guy when you were growing up? What would that say about you?

So smarts are divided by area codes in your world?
inlove.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so wait...you should walk up to random women 'anywhere and everywhere' and then ask them for their opinion on waterboarding muslims?

Possibly, but only after qualifying her on how rough she likes it.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry sorry sorry...there is a fifth category....'stuck up'

But isn't stuck up just what guys say when they are pissed that women overlook them....in which case shouldn't the question be (which is kind of what I was getting at above) 'what makes me the kind of guy that gets overlooked?'

Ya, just to be clear because i think i'm getting dragged in to things other people have said. In my first post in the threak I said that i didn't find the women standoffish. And in another thread about toronto I said that i really liked the women here. My only issue is that most women I've met that I've liked have been wearing rings.

Originally Posted by closetmess
Does anyone here actually live in Toronto? It's amazing socially and puts 95% of American cities to shame on availability of boutique shopping and prevalence of beautiful women. If you live here and disagree, well then, sirs, you aren't living in the same city I am.

Not sure about the shopping... Can you buy EGs here? Or is that still a no? But ya, the women are great.

phildo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
TomGirl's coming to TO might be a good enough reason to organize a good local meetup... any interest?

T.G. PM if you have any questions about settling into the city and/or want to meet up for coffee or whatever. I've also moved somewhere new and had to set things.

I'm sure she wants to meet a whole bunch of internet dudes. But possibly interested. Should make it MC/SW&D friendly tho, like have afternoon drinks at some yuppy yorkville bar for the MCers and then an after party somewhere actually fun that plays good music
laugh.gif

UpperWestie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter

Originally Posted by phildo
I'm sure she wants to meet a whole bunch of internet dudes. But possibly interested.

It'll be like an Elvis sighting....or an AB-in-a-dress sighting? I might have to come up from NYC for this.

sjd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by closetmess

Originally Posted by holymadness
Thread is a grab-bag of hilarity. Bunch of self-absorbed misogynists in their early 20s complaining about not being able to find lingerie model med students who talk about Jacques Tati and want to slobber their nuts from the word go. Life must be tough when your only romantic frames of reference are Wes Anderson movies and Appreciation.

This is a Canadian thing, not a Toronto thing (Quebec possibly excepted). There is a very strong current of religious traditionalism in a lot of families there; many women believe strongly in getting married as an essential part of a relationship, and will leave a guy who doesn't show any interest in starting a family. Men compensate by "locking in" a relationship early.

+1

I find it pretty easy to talk to women because I have a ring. Once they see it they usually let down their guard a bit since I may not be a threat. My wife and I have been married for 12 years (I was 23 she was 25) and there is a desire to get married young. Our reason for getting married wasn't religious (we're both atheists) however I'd call it an undercurrent of religious traditionalism since a lot of the older generations were Christians, even if their kids aren't. We have friends who just broke up after 9 years because he wouldn't commit to marriage. We're actually surprised it took her that long for her to leave.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
I'm sure she wants to meet a whole bunch of internet dudes. But possibly interested. Should make it MC/SW&D friendly tho, like have afternoon drinks at some yuppy yorkville bar for the MCers and then an after party somewhere actually fun that plays good music
laugh.gif

There are midnight concerts at Roy Thompson Hall now. Maybe us MCers can infuse a little bit of culture into you young punks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads