• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to go for a good value tailors? UK based. Looking for recommendations, value conscious

WatchmeWhipWatchmena

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a made-to-measure suit around the £800 price point. Given the array of options there are, it's becoming easy to get lost in my search, I was hoping to get some recommendations on good value tailors. I want a made-to-measure suit, given that most suits today just do not fit my frame, as I have unusually large legs 27-28 inch thighs; 33-37 inch waist.

Features I really like are double-pleated trousers, double-breasted suits, patch pockets, more variations of patch pockets, big fan of belted backs or otherwise back belted jackets and peak lapels

In terms of house-style. I really am not too sure, I'm thinking more on the lines of either full canvas or soft canvassing. I really like tweed suits a lot and considering getting an unstructured tweed suit. Only because I've been viewing the Ralph Lauren catalogue and they have some unstructured tweed suits, but they're for like £1,200 which seems a bit steep for me.

Does anyone have suggestions on good value tailors here in the UK? I have looked at a few RTW brands like Pini Parma but their trousers didn't fit as well as I wanted it too. Another brand where the trousers actually did fit me nicely was Natalino, but they don't have styles I'm looking for particularly. I considered maybe going for the MTO from Pini Parma which they do in Paris, but seems an awfully long way and well not worth it really. My city has a tailor, but they're just complete arseholes. I'm not saying which city or tailor, owner was a total *** lol. So I guess you can say I care about customer service as well a lot when going for a MTM suit.

I have checked out Tweed Addict (various locations), Mccann Bespoke (£600 MTM in London), Hawkes Bespoke outfitters (Cardiff), Timothy Everest, Cad & Dandy (got a tweed suit which I really liked second hand from them), and some others but sadly forgotten the name of.

Last edited:

TomTom

Reaction score
At the moment Ede and Ravenscroft are doing a promotion on MTM, prices starting just over 800 pounds. Classic style, very nice DB suits. I normally use Mason and Sons and their Special Order Program which is a MTM program. They have the classics James Bond cut ( Conduit cut) and are really great when it comes to options. I have a couple of DB from them, they are amazing. Cad and Dandy are a lot more expensive and so is Timothy Everest or Steed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads