• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

devin

Reaction score
A decent pair of pants on the true waist can also add some shape to your butt. Besides, a long torso stacked on short legs (29's shorted to who knows what) looks just as silly as any imagined short torso. If you look like the Penguin then accept as much as no pants witchery will change that.

Anyway, if you're saggin' your pants too low, you're not going to be able to run when the cops show.

TowleY

Reaction score
It depends what im wearing. If its just a casual pair of jeans I am usually that guy who wears them fairly low. On the back they are usually at the middle of ****** lol. At the front they are usually at the middle of the pelvic area, 6 or so inches below my bellybutton.
If I am wearing dress pants, around the waste line. Would never wear them like I wear jeans. Its too sloppy.

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by devin
A decent pair of pants on the true waist can also add some shape to your butt. Besides, a long torso stacked on short legs (29's shorted to who knows what) looks just as silly as any imagined short torso. If you look like the Penguin then accept as much as no pants witchery will change that.

Anyway, if you're saggin' your pants too low, you're not going to be able to run when the cops show.

I don't look like the penguin geez

most of the time my shirt's untucked anyway so no one knows

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Just curious.. are all of your stomach's flat as a board.. like flat and even with the rest of your pelvis?

No tummys here?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
The waistband seam should rest at or above your hip bone. Higher or lower than that is for style.
QFT, pants should hang on your hips regardless of your gut. I think this is also what people mean by "true waist".

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steggy
i wear my pants at the top of ****** i suppose. whatever the OP has his at basically. i always feel goofy if i wear it right below the belly button.

though i mostly only wear jeans or khaki's while most of you older gents wear your don corleone suits and whatnot.

I feel goofy both mentally and physically. To me, there is something particularly uncomfortable about wearing pants that hug your stomach right bellow the belly button. Seems like if you sit down they're halfway up your torso?

blueoakleyz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
grow up. not only for using childish words, but moreso your complete juvenile disregard of the advice people are giving you here.

wearing your pants whereever and your weight problem seems to be the least of your problems from what i can get out of your first post.

tummy is a childish word? good god. You know what, you need to get the stick out of your ass
people's advice can kiss ****** if they dont like that I don't like it.

weight problem? what weight problem??

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear mine about an inch below my navel.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically you want room for your balls not to have to choose a side. Your D will presumably fall to one side.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
Basically you want room for your balls not to have to choose a side. Your D will presumably fall to one side.

Err, your pants would need to have a pretty huge crotch to make this happen. If you have your pants made for you, the tailor should draw the pattern to accomodate you on the left or right.

NON Pus Gut

Reaction score
I ABHOR most jeans since they are designed to be worn below the waist and that to me is uncomfortable physically and mentally reminds me of convicts and ex convicts who were not allowed to wear belts in prison to prevent the use of belts to harming the wearer or anyone else. Why should jeans be any different than ordinary suit trousers in comfort? So many have such a short fly length that to fit them on the waist would cause the inseam to be in the crotch. I think it is a way of reducing the material needed to make jeans and sell them as stylish when in reality the truth is not that less is more for the consumer but less material is more profit for the manufacturer.

Jeans are presumably supposed to be for work, play and relaxation. But it is really hard to do any of those things when one's manhood is being subjected to enhanced incarceration!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads