• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you guys put your shoes?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not as impressive as some on here with custom racks, etc. - I am impressed!

I keep my shoes in their original boxes - I can stack them 5 high on the top shelf in my closet. I figure if the stores can keep a lot of inventory stacked in the boxes, I can do the same in my closet. And it keeps dust off them.

Chris

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Styleforum laughtr. I have the same problem.

I would love to see how Aportnoy organizes his shoes, which I understand exceeds 2,000 pairs.
At a paltry 160 pairs (not all are shown), I am at the limits of space over here.
Now I know why you run the No Purchase Clubs.

LilacCords

Reaction score

Are these on trees? You have plenty of room to add shelves, put the shoes on trees and then line them up side by side.

Harrydog, this part of the wardrobe is built over a fireplace so the area is very narrow, hence the shoes being stored vertically.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the cedar racks by Woodlore (?). Currently have 8 racks (2 stacks of 4 each) for my shoes.

Relatively cheap but not the best solution. Shoes get dusty. Dirt from the top shoe falls through the open racks to the bottom shoe. They're bending under the weight of heavy shoes with full shoe trees. They don't accommodate boots.

Adjustable shelves in a closet would be better if I had the space.

Harrydog, this part of the wardrobe is built over a fireplace so the area is very narrow, hence the shoes being stored vertically.

I can see how the toes would hang over the edge. Clever solution.

Last edited:

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pictures, but I have 3 short, assemble-them-yourself cabinets with pull-out shelves (on rollers) that I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. IIRC, each cabinet has 2 shelves, plus the top, and each shelf holds 2 pairs of shoes, so I have storage for 18 of my ~30 pairs of shoes. The cabinets are in a closet and the rest of my shoes are on closet floors or in shoe boxes.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have them in cedar lined drawers in the bed frame and the spillover in bags in my closet.

LilacCords

Reaction score

I can't tell from the pics- are they in wood trees as well?

Hi, no they're just in cheap plastic shoe trees in order to keep them in position and also to keep their shape, only problem with this set up is that I now have a surplus of decent wooden Trees...

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a couple of cedar floor to ceiling shoe racks. I don't have pics of it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Welcome to Styleforum laughtr. I have the same problem.

I would love to see how Aportnoy organizes his shoes, which I understand exceeds 2,000 pairs.
At a paltry 160 pairs (not all are shown), I am at the limits of space over here.

now i understand your no purchase club. yowza.

That's pretty awesome

+1

---

i only (lol only an SFer says that) have 5 pairs at present. i have 2 shelves in my closet above the clothing. i line up the boxes on the shelves, and put the shoes inside the bags on top of the corresponding box.

laughtr

Reaction score
Well I live in the basement with my parents, moving out soon to college! but shoes are just outside my room to right on the ground, and siblings are always messing around, i keep tripping over them at night when everybody is sleeping! Just don't know where to put them! Basement is all concrete basically, unfinished!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads