• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB 1818 was my first "nice" suit after arriving at SF. It lives up to its reputation.

Why 1818 over MTM suit?
I only wear BB "1818" suits and RL Black Label. Black Label is better quality, cut better, but $60 bucks at a tailor can get a 1818 suit looking really good. I dont feel the need to purchase more expensive suits than a 1818. shoes and boots, however are a different story

You can get a Thick as Thieves suit fully canvassed for around $500. If I recall BB 1818 are only half canvassed also the suits aren't MTM so it probably requires a good tailor...

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* iGents, all the suede tassel loafers are sold out, nothing left :fu:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forget about suede. What you need is a second pair of brown shell pennies

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forget about suede. What you need is a second pair of brown shell pennies

No, suede tassel is my OneShoe, I have 5 pairs. I like Alden version most, no maintenance and looks good. My pennies made ugly creases, I dislike them.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Received an email this evening: "Men's & Women's Shirts are 2 for $109" May 26-27, online & in stores.

Just saw this. Looks like the 2 for 109 is twice a year. I'm thinking about updating the first page with the dates of annual sales. If you know of any, post them here and I'll update the first post

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB 1818 was my first "nice" suit after arriving at SF. It lives up to its reputation.

They their GF suits. I have two that I got on sale and they are almost as good as some of my best stuff.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my shoes from BB: Got a pair of brown strands and the C&J captoes.

I have to say the BB rendition of the strands is improved over the AE. I know it's minor, but the insole is so much more comfortable and the fit is similar. The leather topy doesn't look horrible either (much better than it looks on the website).

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
....40% discounts starting with cashmere on the 5th...I think suiting/SC, and outerwear the 7th...Please check with BB to confirm sale items on each day...and cannot stack with 15% corp or any other discounts..

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I received my shoes from BB: Got a pair of brown strands and the C&J captoes.
I have to say the BB rendition of the strands is improved over the AE. I know it's minor, but the insole is so much more comfortable and the fit is similar. The leather topy doesn't look horrible either (much better than it looks on the website).

strand11f.jpg

strand12.jpg

my new brooks brothers (allen edmonds) strand in dark brown
i love the color on these
:slayer:
and i have to agree that the shoe feels more comfortable off the bat ... did they put in a different insole than the regular AE version?

i have the peal medallion captoe made by AS
or else i would have ordered the plain captoe by C&J as well

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brooks brothers has a get $25 off for $100 you spend right now? ...
friend went to exchange his BB shoe order and actually saved more money on his peal shoe because of the extra $25 off

Last edited:

sns23

Reaction score

Why 1818 over MTM suit?
You can get a Thick as Thieves suit fully canvassed for around $500. If I recall BB 1818 are only half canvassed also the suits aren't MTM so it probably requires a good tailor...

I've browsed through the Thick As Thieves thread and every suit looks like pure crap and ill fitting. The fact that they are shipped all wrinkled just shows that the maker does not take pride in the product.

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^Were they a pair of sale shoes or just a regular price exchange?

it was a special case...
as he ordered the peal plain captoe and the peal lightweight plain captoe...
but received the peal medallion captoe and the lightweight plain
so BB made a mistake
they exchanged the medallion for the plain and took the lightweight return...
they applied the black friday sale price (the 30%+15/20% off) but they also gave him the new $25 extra discount

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads