• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats so great about Mabitex?

urymoto

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im not a huge connaisseur, but i dont see what the fuss is about?

Can someone elaborate? It seems to be more of an American Thing....

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know either. I just got two pairs of cords and they are both nut crushers of the highest degree.

Mike

sm31

Reaction score
I'm guessing there are many, many threads here that answer your question, but I think it comes down to them being generally very nice, slim-fitting (for me, often too much so) pants, that are a fantastic deal when they get dumped at Daffy's. The latter issue about the particularities of a deal at Daffy's would be the "American thing" then; don't think it's anything about style.

HEARTLESS-531

Reaction score
I like the way they fit and the styles. I'm just tired of wearing pants that look like I've got a brick in ****** - you know, baggy, practically gang-like. Yeah, they are grape-smugglers. They are very popular here in Italy (obviously) and I see them everywhere in Europe. Urymotot raises some good concerns - but in the end, I think it's all about fit and fabric. BTW, SF has some awesome sellers NACHO BROADYWAY, THEY ARE , etc. These guys get great styles and ship quickly. Actually, I like ZARA men's pants too. Any comments on that , fellas?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a broad range of quality of Mabitex. Some are just okay, with cheaper fabric, and not so great fit, some are nice with good fits and good fabric... and then some is freaking awesome with amazing fabrics. I own about a dozen pairs, probably more. All of them are great, but around 4 of them are really amazing. Also, at the price being sold on B&S it's a very good deal. If you live in NYC/NJ/Philly, it's really cheap.

You can't buy pants of this quality/fit for anywhere near those prices.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A trouser with a waist of 36" and a rise of 9.5" and a leg opening of 7.75" seems wrong to me.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
A trouser with a waist of 36" and a rise of 9.5" and a leg opening of 7.75" seems wrong to me.

This pretty much sums up one of my pairs of cords. When I was getting them hemmed at the tailor, I almost took them back off and said forget it. They are obscene. I don't really know what I will wear them with. Great fabric and color though.

Mike

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I am 50/34 and I cant wear even jeans with 9.5" rise and 7.75" LO.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
my nuts like getting hugs, does that answer the question?

ranker

Reaction score
Sounds like some people need to hit the gym. It's finally refreshing to find pants that fit slim without having to size down and get the waist let out. No, I'm not waif. I'm 5'8/155 lbs and work out regularly. These things are the best fitting pair of pants I've purchased. Hell, I'd toss half of my Isaia/RLBL/Kiton etc suit pants out and replace them with these if they had an exact matching pair.

Once again, I wouldn't recommend Mabitex for guys without athletic figures. It's like wearing RLBL where if you don't have that 7" inch drop and strong shoulders, you'll just look stupid.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranker
Once again, I wouldn't recommend Mabitex for guys without athletic figures.
Athletes, excepting wheelchair athletes, have strong thighs. You're thinking of "skinny hipster."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads