• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What time do you wake up for work?

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
You guys have some messed up schedules. I'm doing good if I roll ****** out of bed by 7:30.

I tried working out in the morning a few times but gave up. I prefer to maximize sleep.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5:30 am - I've got a long and drawn-out morning routine just to get my body and mind functional.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This makes sense. I suppose for those of you who are client-driven, you're not going to start working at the moment the clients start their day, so the there's going to be a delay.
Either way, I need to get one of those jobs, both because one of my career goals is in a client-driven field, and because I am not, by any stretch of the term, a morning person.

The people I knew who worked as analysts at ibanks didn't get up early either...they weren't so much associated with clients but it was still that the higher ups wouldn't have work to pass on to them until later in the day. None of them were in the office at 9AM on the regular...but of course most of them were still IN the office at 9PM on the regular.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, some one plot the x y equation of affluence. I wake up late and I am poorest guy here.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you guys that get up at 430 or some similiar godforsaken time before the sun - what time do you get to bed, and how many hours of sleep do you need/get a night?

sciphiyem

Reaction score

For you guys that get up at 430 or some similiar godforsaken time before the sun - what time do you get to bed, and how many hours of sleep do you need/get a night?

I worked a 4am - 1pm shift many years ago, and I'd get to bed around 930-10. Once you get adjusted, it's not that bad.

Last edited:

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another reason why I needed to get up earlier. Boss' boss is sending e-mails at 6:40 am from his desk.

I do 5-6 hours every weeknight. Then I cheat on the weekend and take a long nap.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I worked a 4am - 1pm shift many years ago, and I'd get to bed around 930-10. Once you get adjusted, it's not that bad.

I too am in bed usually by 10:00 p.m. and I'm one of those people who is asleep within a few minutes of my head hitting the pillow. Now that I have a DVR, I don't feel that I am missing out on anything by not being up later. lol Wednesday nights I'm in a bowling league so those are my late nights. I'm usually not in bed until about 11:00 p.m. It also helps that I work a 4/40 schedule so I am off on Fridays and if I don't have anything I need/want to do and I am overly tired, I can easily catch up on my sleep on Friday mornings.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Another reason why I needed to get up earlier. Boss' boss is sending e-mails at 6:40 am from his desk.
I do 5-6 hours every weeknight. Then I cheat on the weekend and take a long nap.

This is why I hate the modern work culture. In 1975, your boss may be at the office by 6:40 but he won't be ruining your day until 9AM.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Seeing the occasional outlier but things do look highly predictive. One adjustment for something along the lines of people that start late but do 10+ hour days on a regular basis and the model looks even more predictive.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I'm generally in bed by 10 or 10:30. I don't function well without 7-8 hours of sleep per night.

NiceGuyTom

Reaction score
Up between 7-8 am depending on if I'm going on a jog or up with my kid. @ work by 9-9:15. Home between 4:30-5:30 depending on work / family / exercise schedules.

FYI for those of you getting sub 6 hours of sleep every night you're messing up your hormones / metabolism... If you're tossing stimulants like coffee on top of that you're probably going to be fucked down the line. Just saying
crazy.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm usually in bed by 10 at the latest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads