• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What restaurant groups or chains represent quality to you?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
We have a great breakfast chain here called J. Christophers.

Yes, I like them.

Agnacious

Reaction score
Every so often I find myself at one of these places and think "why did I come here".

A few weeks ago I was at Mortons in fort lauderdale and really felt like leaving halfway though.
Ruth's Chris used to be good before the chicago firm bought it. It has gone down hill considerably since then.

I have a Trulux open across the street and ate there twice. I didn't die, but I wasn't blown away. They have a nice wine selection where they have many bottles in some vacuum dispensing thing which is good.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think i have bad taste...but i was born that way, can't help it.

pei wei sounds better than any other restaurant i've been to that's mentioned in this thread. i also like it better than pf changs

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Agnacious
Every so often I find myself at one of these places and think "why did I come here".

my reaction is usually "where was I? what did i just eat?". i'd almost always much rather take a chance on a small independent. that said, i do think chipotle's offer's really good value. in n out is good, but honestly does not live up to the hype.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
my reaction is usually "where was I? what did i just eat?". i'd almost always much rather take a chance on a small independent. that said, i do think chipotle's offer's really good value. in n out is good, but honestly does not live up to the hype.

I agree on Chipotle. I grab a burrito from there 3-4 times a year, and am usually happy, although I think the portions are too large in general. One burrito from there lasts me 2 meals, and I'm fat.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I usually enjoy what I eat at Versailles.
Originally Posted by foodguy
in n out is good, but honestly does not live up to the hype.
you're right, also feel this way about roscoe's.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Just curious...I've had good, consistent results at the following restaurants: Legal Sea Foods Capital Grille Morton's Longhorn Steakhouses The Palm
You might chastise me for saying this as a fellow Atlantian Fran, but I like Figo for lazy lunches. Longhorn service can be absolute **** in my experience for example. I dig Morton's though.
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I agree on Chipotle. I grab a burrito from there 3-4 times a year, and am usually happy, although I think the portions are too large in general. One burrito from there lasts me 2 meals, and I'm fat.
I agree...I don't mind them or Willy's (not sure if they're in Chicago). After or before a workout, I don't mind eating a ton of carbs and protein in a tidy package. Not sure how you can't eat a Chipotle burrito in a sitting though. I can easily do that if I'm coming off something taxing (not just working out). I think this thread is more about decent + consistency than anything else.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
You might chastise me for saying this as a fellow Atlantian Fran, but I like Figo for lazy lunches. Longhorn service can be absolute **** in my experience.

DUDE. Totally. I assumed it was only the one that I had been to, but apparently not. My ex and I went into a longhorn in Indy about 18 months ago and we were seated on a moderately busy evening (the restaurant was almost full, but there was no wait for a table or anything). After sitting for 15 minutes without being acknowledged by anyone, we said ******* and left.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DUDE. Totally. I assumed it was only the one that I had been to, but apparently not. My ex and I went into a longhorn in Indy about 18 months ago and we were seated on a moderately busy evening (the restaurant was almost full, but there was no wait for a table or anything). After sitting for 15 minutes without being acknowledged by anyone, we said ******* and left.
Agreed, but I'd never take a date to a chain like Longhorn for that very reason of inconsistency. If I'm not trying to impress, I much prefer "local chains". Figo fits that bill perfectly here in Atlanta in my experience. 10-15 bucks for a meal. Decent pasta and paninis, owners that care, and generally happy staff. IMHO, the staff's attitude matters quite a bit for a dine-in experience. I'm not saying the food can suck, but the difference between OK insalata A and OK insalata B is the atmosphere and staff. I just came back from St. Louis and went to a place called Harvest. My friend is the sous chef and the staff treated us very well. The food was also good, but I'll remember how I was treated for longer than details about the steak I had.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

for sure! my wife and i usually split a burrito (and we're, well, not as thin as once we were). then we look around at people who have two of them on their plate! but the meat's good ... it tastes like what it is and the beans and rice are just fine.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I enjoy a Chipotle burrito every now and then (though it has been at least a year, mostly due to work habits), but I can't stand it when they do one spoon of beef and 7 spoons of rice - and then your first 10 bites are all rice and flour tortilla. I think there's a Chipotle near my office, if I have a free 30 minutes to deal with the line, I'll give it a go.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
since this thread seems to be more about guilty pleasures
redface.gif
... I like this place in Japan, I have eaten it in Japan several times now, usually in lieu of a fast food meal when I'm down in the middle of Tokyo and just looking for a fill up instead of a food experience. They have it locally here as well, but the chain has died and dwindled to 2 stores way across town and not good enough to take a $15 cab ride for, because the food only costs $10, apart from the obvious..
leisure2qe7.jpg
Anyway the concept is fast food teppanyaki steak, chopped steak, or hamburg steak with rice on the plate or on the side. The steak is under $10ish and about 6oz, has reasonable marbling for an Australian-grown steak, comes with a dollop of pepper butter on top, bean sprouts that cook in the juices, etc, etc. You can add a side salad with wafu dressing for a buck, green bean glace for a buck, add a fried egg, add tons of rice on the side, etc. The best thing? You don't talk to the staff, you go to a vending machine in the corner and get tickets for what you want, and present them at the counter. It's cheesy 1960's American food and uniforms X present day Japan X the future of food service. It's no steakhouse steak, but it's on the level of McDonald's in terms of price/speed, and so to that, it does offer value, and for what it's supposed to be, it tastes good. THe only problem is, in Japan at least, they had a batch of contaminated beef and sent 38 people to the hospital with E.Coli last year, and have joined the ranks of E.Coli fast food shacks, which is never a good look. They were giving them a little added something, I guess.
redface.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads