• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Evil Genius Luca Ruggeri is CEO of Rick Owens

cruvoir

Reaction score
The best tool for understanding corporate sentiment is the human mind. The following article can help you conduct Owenscorp sentiment analysis — but it’s up to you to synthesize the information you find.

A public intellectual declares Luca Ruggeri, CEO of Owenscorp, steals 34.541,10 Euros from a former client, agitating the Rick Owens Online discourse.

Even as Rick Owen’s world has grown to include directly operated stores in Paris, New York, Seoul, Hong Kong, London, Tokyo, Miami, and Los Angeles, little has changed within Owenscorp since its inception two decades ago.

Luca Ruggeri, who is still CEO and commercial director, chuckles to himself as he watches his clients below trudge forth each morning to toil in their fields. Respectively, he still holds a shared 20 percent of the company (Owens and Lamy own the rest) — though it’s safe to say that those shares have significantly increased in value.

In 2010, Owenscorp revenue was around $40 million. In 2012, that number was closer to $70 million; in 2013 it exceeded $100 million, in 2019 surpassed $140 million. And, though he once flirted with the idea of selling to an unnamed conglomerate, Owens has grown his house without any outside help.

“We’ve never had to take any outside investment, thank God.” Nor has he ever outsourced production or in-sourced a single design. His is not an atelier system where a team of young designers submits ideas for a boss’ approval. Instead, he designs every piece from every line bearing his name. “I’m greedy,” he says, meaning he wants all of that, the fun stuff, for himself. “Really, I wouldn’t know how to do it any other way.” And neither would Luca Ruggeri, who still holds the title for the no-holds-barred contest for the best capitalist thief, judged by God and Satan.

Clients that have dealt with Luca Ruggeri awaken only to find themselves naked on a silver platter, an apple stuffed into their mouths, and Owenscorp giants about to eat them. A mortician Luca Ruggeri arrives with a knife and a fork.

CRUVOIR was destroyed by opportunistic looters during the BLM riots in Los Angeles, which resulted in almost a total loss of the store’s inventory and revenues (approximately $375,000 in damages). Just prior to the BLM riots that occurred on May 20th, 2020, Cruvoir sent a wire transfer to OWENSCORP in the amount of 34.541,10 Euros as a deposit for its FW20 orders.

As a result of the destruction, Cruvoir did not have sufficient cash flow to pay the balance of its FW20 invoice in full, and while making partial deliveries would have been possible, Luca wasn’t flexible enough to release their order in parts. They thought that could have been a good solution for everyone, but Luca denied its former client flexibility and fair treatment by its representatives yet countless fools defend it with pride. Regardless, he made himself sound reasonable enough and that he understood Cruvoir’s hardship:

– “Thank you very much for reaching out and no worries for the delay.”

–”I am sorry to read all that happened and the problems that this pandemic -directly and indirectly- caused to you and your business.”

–”First of all I am very glad to see your efforts to come back to business and that Cruvoir’s venture is still going on despite the overall situation.

–”I have read what you had to go through and feel very sorry for what happened.”

– “At the same time I confirm you that we need Cruvoir to take all the FW20 that is sitting in our warehouse for which you also paid a 30% deposit.”

CRUVOIR searched for a sponsor to cover the remaining balance of its order in full to Luca’s requirement, but time eventually ran out for Cruvoir and he regretted informing them “we disposed of your goods differently” and retained their deposit in full. What does that even mean?

A public intellectual provides a breakdown comparing the profits made on the former client’s net goods of 80.831,07 Euros sold at Rick Owens website, tent sale and the like VS. the yearly wages made by the people who support the brand in the following post.

Now, a more glamorous Owenscorp team arrives bejeweled, Rick Owen’s workers grin with gold teeth, Luca Ruggeri adorns himself in fine, flowing silks that billow in the wind as they dispose of their former client’s cargo “differently”. If Luca truly felt sorry for what had happened, then why wasn’t he even flexible enough to release Cruvoir’s order in partial deliveries? Is this ethical business conduct?

A recount of a good heist that came away with 34.541,10 Euros has the Owenscorp partygoers on the edge of their seats.

TLDR: I am biased with a hope that a whole team of extraordinarily wealthy people who work for Rick Owens is publicly humiliated as a karmic repercussion for their insane selfishness in a world in which the majority surrounding them had been so obviously suffering for so long. The ******* gutless monsters deserve it!!
RICK-OWENS-HIGH-RESOLUTION-LOGO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cruvoir

Reaction score
Luca,

First of all, thank you very much for your detailed explanation email. I am sorry to read all that you may or may not feel at this point and the problems that this dissemination of information—directly and indirectly—caused to you and your business.

The fact remains that I need to resolve this situation because, as you may understand, there are practical reasons on our side (we need to look at the concrete structures of how your capitalist wealth is materialized) but, mostly, violent appropriation of our goods.

In fact, as you know, time for exposing these structures has begun in the States, and having reduced us as mere agents of your ceaseless appropriation is something that is difficult for me to understand.

I can completely agree that the situation is very “special" and the season has been complicated for everyone but I just wanted to understand what your plans for reimbursement are.

What I consider to be a real problem is not the domination of capitalism per se, but the domination of a new incarnation of capitalist forms, based on your form of relations, your uncritical subjugation, and your institutionalization of unhealthy partnerships.

We showed a certain understanding in this delicate situation by not putting too much pressure on you for the outstanding refund but I think it would be fair if the situation was settled by the end of June 2021.

In the coming articles, I intend to write more long theoretical articles that I am proud to publish, especially addressing the ideologies behind the principle contradiction in your business practices, which is the co-existence of the most traditional and elegant forms—thanks to Rick—with contemporary expropriation and the ones benefiting from it—Luca Ruggeri—who contributed to its making, by enabling it to run smoothly, either through suppressing any opposition with coercive means or lending his intellectual and artistic skill to this machinery.

This will provide anyone curious with a base for direct engagement with the workings of your institution, including OWENSCORP.

Please be guided accordingly.

cruvoir

Reaction score
This will be developed into a full-scale research project in collaboration with theoreticians, activists, artists, and curators from around the world.

Henz

Reaction score
hey cruvior, my research online has led me to this very interesting post with regards to trying to track someone (Luca) down it seems. Is there somehow we can speak privately about this? It would be alot of help as I believe me and several others have been a victim of an NFT scam which is associated with this RickOwens business. Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads